Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Return of Comment Day!

In February of 2011 I had an idea.  I am sure I was not the first person to think of the idea, but I was excited by the concept and decided to share it with my Twitter family.  The idea was Comment Day.  It was such a simple plan.  It would be a day when those who blog and those who read blogs would focus on leaving a comment- precious words of encouragement for those of us who blog- on every blog that we read.  The first couple of months I did this randomly, just announcing it on Twitter and trying to encourage others to participate.  I would spend all day reading and commenting, sometimes leaving encouraging words on as many as 75 blogs in a day.  And it was such a blessing..to me.  There are some wonderful uplifting blogs out there, and I loved discovering new ones and trying to share them with the world.  As the year went along, more and more people became involved.  We decided that the first Thursday of each month would be designated Comment Day.  The concept was passed around on Twitter and shared in other blogs.  Comment Day became a thing!


Tomorrow we will celebrate the first Comment Day of 2012.  It is my hope that the event will continue to grow, because every person who takes the time to write down their thoughts, feelings and ideas deserves encouragement.  I will be spending my day enjoying the blogs of my many friends as well as those of people I know only through Twitter.  Tomorrow on this blog I will give you a list of some of the many blogs I enjoy on a regular basis, and I encourage you to visit them, enjoy them...and by all means, comment on them.   Spread the word so that others will know about Comment Day.  And if you would like for me to visit your blog, just let me know.  I promise to stop by at some point tomorrow.  Let people know that their writing matters.  Viva la Comment Day...or something like that!

1 comment:

  1. It is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and while we might still squeeze in some blog reading, comments often get left unsaid. Either because we don't have the time to formulate an intelligent response, or we don't just want to leave another "great post!" comment.

    So I like that we have this one day a month when we make an intentional effort to stop and encourage one another. Blogging can be rather bleak at times, and while most of us little guys don't do it for the comments, it is always nice to see that someone stopped by and took the time to respond.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!