Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Come and Worship

During 2011 I spent most every Tuesday sharing my thoughts about what it would be like to have a Jesus Revolution take place in our hearts, minds and churches.  For 2012, our Tuesday theme will be simple but very important.  Each week will will spend some time thinking about worship, and what it means to do acts of worship.  The word itself conjures up images of God and church for many of us, but throughout history worship has taken many forms and many practices.  Some of us bend a knee in worship to Jesus Christ.  Other bow at the altar of money and material things.  I know a few teenage girls who are actively engaged in the worship of Justin Bieber.  The examples of worship in our culture are many and varied.


For the purposes of this blog, we will define worship in the following way-  We worship the things that have our mind's attention and our heart's desire.  For myself and most of us, those things change on a regular basis.  Our purpose each Tuesday of this year will be to help us focus on the things that are important and worship the One who is worthy of our praise.  Along the way I hope we can share in some acts of corporate and individual worship designed to help us give ourselves more fully to the worship of Jesus.  I think it is going to be an amazing ride, and I invite you to come along.  We were created to be a people of praise and worship to the God who has saved us all.  "Come...now is the time to worship!"


Because of Jesus,

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it Carl. Have you read The Purpose of Man by Tozer? I'm reading it now and it's all about worship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy. I love me some Tozer but have not read that one. It is added to my list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!