Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Year of Living Dangerously

Jesus told this simple story, but they had no idea what he was talking about. So he tried again. “I’ll be explicit, then. I am the Gate for the sheep. All those others are up to no good—sheep stealers, every one of them. But the sheep didn’t listen to them. I am the Gate. Anyone who goes through me will be cared for—will freely go in and out, and find pasture. A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.  -John 10:6-10 (The Message)

The New King James translation says John 10:1o like this:

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

I want 2014 to be a year of living the life Jesus came to bring us all. Full of excitement and vitality. No more sitting on the sidelines, afraid to get in the game. No more praying wimpy prayers and dreaming wimpy dreams. No more being satisfied with average or expecting the same old things. I want to live ABUNDANTLY. I want to take risks, to expect the miraculous, to step out in faith and make bold decisions in the name of Jesus! I want to be willing to walk into the wind instead of being someone who always goes where the breeze takes me. I want to be a world changer, realizing that changing the world starts with changing the world around me. My prayer is that 2014 will be absolutely loaded with dangerous living, with people pointing at me and saying, "What is wrong with him?" Emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually I want this new year to be full of #DangerDays. I want to live dangerously. I want to love dangerously. I want to follow Jesus dangerously. The Thief comes to steal our joy and our exuberance. I'm tired of him leading the way. I choose to follow the radical from Nazareth. I chose the abundant life. I choose Jesus!  Join me.


2 comments:

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!