Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Morning Playlist


I was up around 5 AM this morning. and as usual I was listening to my I-pod while hanging out with the dog and getting ready to drive Marilyn to work before my regular Monday morning trip to the wound doctor. Music is a great way to set the tone for a new week. Great music moves me (The Grammys reminded me last night that terrible music moves me too- but in a VERY different way!). It can change my mood, lift my spirits, make me sentimental and take me to places I have not visited in a while. Music reminds me of people I love- both nearby and faraway. It can also make me aware of the presence of God in my life. It is a language all its own, and it is a language that never fails to speak volumes to me. This morning was no exception. Here are the first 10 songs that popped up on shuffle today, with amazingly (given the odds) no Beach Boys!  Here we go: 



1)  Shameless-  Billy Joel
2)  The Best of You- Foo Fighters
3)  Supernaturaldc Talk
4)  Teach Your ChildrenCrosby, Stills, Nash & Young
5)  Flicker Fade - Taking Back Sunday
6)  My Girl- The Temptations
7)  Thunder IslandJay Ferguson
8)  Hope To Carry OnRich Mullins
9)  CerileneSister Hazel
10) Here With MeThe  Killers

That's what I was listening to this morning. What's on your playlist today?

2 comments:

  1. Only thing I've got in my head this morning is the new one from David Crowder - I Am. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great song, Teresa! Funny thing I just tweeted to the director of worship at my church requesting some Crowder. Seems they have left him out of their rotation for that past year or so! That's just not a good thing...

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!