Sunday, January 26, 2014

How Marvelous, How Wonderful!


I am old enough that I have spent more of my life singing from hymnals than from video screens. I have been in many more church services with organ music than I have with praise bands. Needless to say, there are many of the great old hymns of the church that are near and dear to my heart. One of the ones I find myself humming most often begins with the words, "I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene. And wonder how He could love me, a sinner, condemned, unclean." In fact, as I sat down to my keyboard to start writing, I found myself humming it again. And I started to wonder- How often do we really grasp the amazing love that Jesus came to bring us? Do we really understand that it is only because of the grace given to us through the love of God whose name is Jesus that we do not remain "a sinner, condemned and unclean?" How often do we really stand in His presence it total awe of what He has done for us? For me, the answer is clearly "not often enough."

So today I ask you this question- when was a time that you stood "amazed in the presence?" Was there a time when you were overwhelmed with awe and wonder at the majesty of our loving God? Remember- and then share your experience in the comment section if you would like. Then join me and sing along today with the amazing chorus to this great hymn:


How marvelous! How wonderful!
And my song shall ever be
How marvelous! How Wonderful!
Is my Savior's love for me?
                                                          
Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!