Thursday, January 2, 2014

Let Us Pray


There are days when my prayer list seems especially long. Today is one of those days. Dear friends who lost their father/grandfather. Marriages that are struggling. Friends who asked for travelling mercies. Unnamed situations that just know they need God's intervention. People seeking to make a new year better by changing an aspect of the way they live. There are many requests people have brought to me so that I might join with them in going to God in prayer. I consider it a blessing and a privilege to do so.

You see, I believe in the power of prayer. Scripture tells us that God hears them. It reminds us that we "have not because we ask not" (James 1:3) and that we should "pray without ceasing" (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Many years ago a song (see bottom of this post) from Steven Curtis Chapman made the brilliant point that when we say we are going to pray for someone, there is no better time than NOW! At its best, prayer should be a lifestyle as much as it is an act. And when I say I am going to pray for you and your needs, it is a moral imperative that I do just that. Prayer is crucial in the life of a Christian. And as we seek to step out in faith in these #DangerDays of 2014, it is the first step. We must be a people of prayer.

So join me in praying today for our world,our families and our friends. Pray for those who are hurting and who have needs. Thank God for the things in your life and the lives of others that are a blessing and a cause for great joy. I would ask that you pray for me, that my heart would continue to pursue the things of God, and that the circumstances of my life would allow me more freedom to do ministry in some new and exciting ways. Let me know how I can pray for you. But most importantly, let's just do it!  Let us PRAY!



Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!