Thursday, August 30, 2012

It Was 26 Years Ago Today...

Time flies.  It is hard to believe that 26 years ago today our family and friends gathered at Poplar Springs Baptist Church in the thriving metropolis of State Road, NC to participate in our wedding. The day began for myself and my groomsmen with a touch football game and some wiffle ball in the motel parking lot.  My tux pants were too short, and my hair was black (it has not ALWAYS been gray!).  My bride was stunning and completely out of my league. We had one Baptist minister and one Quaker minister. Alan Brown wanted to sing with his feet dangling in the church baptismal pool.  When Hank Semmler read our Quaker Wedding Certificate he kept starting to say Marilyn Monroe Steele instead of Marilyn Marie Steele. And yet, we were wed.  Marilyn and I promised on that day to love each other for better and for worse.  There has been so much "better."  And there has been a fair share of "worse."  Through it all, love - the kind of love only God can inspire- has persevered.  I invite friends both old and new to rewind with me today, and remember August 30, 1986 with pictures from that day.  It was a great day that led to so many more great days- and many more to come.  I love you, Marilyn.





Because of Jesus,

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea! As with most couples, it has been a long strange trip- but a blessed one!

      Delete
  2. Loved looking back at the pictures and seeing so many of that gang that we love so much! Miss you, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!