Monday, August 20, 2012

Come Monday

The great Jimmy Buffett once wrote, "Come Monday, it will be alright..."  Today I am going to trust that Jimmy knows what he is talking about.  The weekend was full of personal frustrations, difficult prayer requests and situations that I could do nothing about.  So today I must believe that God is in control and that I just have to turn it all over to Him and deal with life one day at a time. Even if that day IS a Monday.  To paraphrase another part of the Come Monday lyric (and why not, because Jimmy always does!)- "I've spent 3 lonely days in a hot Tampa haze"- and I just want to feel normal again. I am in a funk.

I find in times like these that it is important to slow down, remember the people that I love and who love me, and hold on tight to my dreams.  I have to remember that life is a dance, full of tempo changes and awkward steps. Let me quote another Buffett lyric (one of my favorites) from the song Nautical Wheelers...
So won't you dream on compadres, seems nothing escapes you 
Nothin', no reason, no rhyme 
That's 'cause everyone here is just more than contented 
To be livin' and dyin' in three-quarter time 

I am usually happy, occasionally melancholy and seldom sad.  But I do struggle with being content- with accepting things as the way they are rather than always pushing to make things the way I want them to be.  It is so easy for me to get caught up in wishful thinking and the "what ifs?" of life. And when that happens, I try to take control instead of leaving it in the hands of the One who created me. So pray for me today. And I will pray for you.  Hope you all have a blessed week.

Because of Jesus,

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy Buffet and Jesus! Love it!

    And I'm saying prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!