Monday, October 18, 2010

Hard Days

It seems like several times a year I have to do things that remind me how much my life has changed in the past four years.  Every now and then all of the reminiscing I do as I write this blog slaps me and reminds me of why I am writing a blog instead of still doing ministry in a church.  I am reminded of my own past sins and failures.  I look at pictures, books, my guitar and other reminders of days gone by- and I am saddened.  I try to spend those days in prayer and focusing on the amazing grace that rescued me and brought me to this place. But sometimes the past is a ghost that cannot be so easily swept away.  Those are very hard days- and today is one of them.  And it's a Monday.  Instead of moping, I will leave you with some lyrics from the late Dan Fogelberg's 1974 song Souvenirs.  The song is actually about surviving memories of lost love.  For me, student ministry is just that- a lost love.  And as wonderful as my 28 years of memories are, the loss still hurts. But God is still in His heaven and Jesus is still LORD, and this day will pass.  I'll be back tomorrow with some more memories of the tremendous blessings I have received in my life.  Have a blessed day, and never take anything or anyone for granted...

And down in the canyon
The smoke starts to rise.
It rides on the wind
Till it reaches your eyes.
When faced with the past
The strongest man cries...cries.

And here is a sunrise
To set on your sill.
The ghosts of the dawn
Moving near.
They pass through your sorrow
And leave you quite still...
Sitting among souvenirs.

Because of Jesus,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Meagan. I am reminded of a wise saying: The next time Satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future. God wins! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!