Thursday, January 7, 2010

CCM Countdown: 45-41

Today (and every Thursday) I continue my ongoing countdown of Contemporary Christian Music albums that had the most impact on my life and ministry.  I will also include a link to a song you can enjoy for free for an album that won't make the countdown.   To see numbers 50-45, click here.  Enjoy!

45)  THE WHOLE TRUTH-  Point of Grace-  1995
The second project from these four women from Oklahoma contains several classics, including one of the best musical descriptions of God's plan of salvation you will ever hear- The Great Divide.  That song and the fact that they dominated Christian radio in the mid to late 90's lands them on this countdown- plus Marilyn loves P.O.G.
Download this:  The Great Divide
44)  BIG TENT REVIVAL-  Big Tent Revival-  1995
This debut project blended rock, folk, blues and soul in a CD that I listened to over and over again.  The hits were Two Sets of Jones' and Something 'Bout Jesus, but I loved Faith Of A Little Seed so much that I had our "guitar choir" in Kissimmee perform it in worship one Sunday morning.  Thief In the Night is great too!  I still love this one.
Download thisTwo Sets of Jones'
43)  SEE THE MORNING-  Chris Tomlin-  2006
If you attend a church that uses any contemporary music in worship, you have almost certainly sung a Chris Tomlin song.  One of the most recent CD's to make my countdown, this project features How Can I Keep From Singing; Made To Worship; Let God Arise; and his incredible arrangement of Amazing Grace featuring the "my chains are gone, I've been set free..." chorus.  Listen to this and just try to keep yourself from praising God!  There is more Tomlin to come on the countdown!
Download this:  Made To Worship
42)  MICHAEL W. SMITH PROJECT-  Michael W. Smith-  1983
The first of three Smitty albums to make the list, Project introduced the world to the song Friends, co-written with his wife Debbie.  It's simple message- "Friends are  friends forever if the Lord's the lord of them"- made it an anthem at graduations and other events throughout the rest of the '80's.  Twenty-seven years later it is still mandatory at all M.W.S. concerts.  No hand holding or swaying, please!
Download this:  Great Is the Lord
41)  SMALLTOWN POETS-  Smalltown Poets-  1997
Another CD we absolutely wore out in The Attic at FUMC- Kissimmee.  Such classics Prophet, Priest and King, If You Let Me Love You, I'll Give, and Who You Are were all favorites.  Monkey's Paw was a cult classic.  And Everything I Hate would make any list of my favorite songs.  Just a great album.
Download this:  Everything I Hate

This week's song to enjoy:  Goldie's Last Day- PFR-  1993

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!