Saturday, January 23, 2010

Random Ramblings on Entertainment

My son Will and I spend lots of time talking about the state of the world of entertainment, so today I thought I would share a few random thoughts with all of you!  Here we go!

*  Everyone seems to have an opinion on the Jay Leno/Conan O'Brien battle over The Tonight Show, so I'll share mine.  Late night TV has some interesting personalities.  If you know me, you know how much I love David Letterman.  I have been in his studio audience twice, and record his show several times each week.  So I think Dave is brilliant. I also find Jon Stewart and Conan to be innovative and intelligent while still making me laugh.  Craig Ferguson, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon and Stephen Colbert all have their moments.  And Jay Leno is not now, nor has he ever been, funny.  It's that simple.  Jay should have stepped up and stepped aside for Conan, but since he didn't, I look forward to seeing The Tonight Show go down in flames- sorry Johnny.

Avatar (or "Ah-bee-dah" as Arnold Schwarzenegger pronounces it) is a great movie, but 1 billion dollars great?  I don't get it.  If I had an Oscar vote for Best Picture, I would cast it for Invictus.  But that's just me...

Michelle Beadle (pictured at right with co-host Colin Cowherd, who is also great), co-host of ESPN's SportsNation (weekday afternoons at 4 PM, usually on ESPN2), just may be the sexiest woman on TV today.  She is attractive, witty, and REALLY knows her sports (which may be the sexiest part!).  Plus the show is great fun for a sports geek like me.  Give it a try!

*  My family's favorite shows right now are the sitcom The Big Bang Theory (Mondays, 9:30 PM on CBS) and the sci-fi drama Fringe (Thursdays, 9 PM on FOX).  In the name of full disclosure, I have to also admit we never miss American Idol either...

*  I know he's been a pain in the butt the past few off-seasons, but I really want to see Brett Favre in another Super Bowl.  Having said that, the Saints are a great story as well, and which ever one of them wins is who I will be pulling for in the Super Bowl

*  For those of you who know him, here is some serious entertainment news- Jerry Hanbery is now a daddy!!!  Congratulations Melissa (who did all the hard work!) and Jerry on the birth of Lorelei Brooke (pictured with Daddy!). She was born this week, and everyone is doing well.  With Jerry, my former Intern and current really good friend for a daddy her life will never be boring!   We love you all!

Have a wonderful rest of today and a blessed Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if she had been born yet. Thanks for the update! Never be boring is an understatement haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!