Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!


Today I remember the moms who are such an important part of my life. I think of my own mom, Anne, with whom we celebrated this past Friday. We remember Marilyn's mom Marie, who Marilyn is spending the weekend with in NC even as I type this. My dear friend Lisa Jewett is celebrating today with her mom and her two adult children. And all over the country countless other moms are spending today being reminded just how amazing they are. My prayers go out to all mothers everywhere- prayers of blessing and protection. My prayers also go out to all of you whose moms have gone to be with God. I know this day can be hard for you, and please know you are in my thoughts.

We never outgrow our need for our mothers. The needs may change, but they are ever-present. I think this says it so well:

A Mother…
When you’re a child she walks before you,
To set an example.
When you’re a teenager she walks behind you
To be there should you need her.
When you’re an adult she walks beside you
So that as two friends you can enjoy life together..
Author Unknown

Have a blessed and wonderful day all you moms out there. Consider this post to be one more hug just for you...

Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!