Thursday, March 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday: A Very Goofy Remote

My family drove up to visit my mom this past Sunday. It seems like every time we are there she has dug out some family artifact to give myself or Will, and this time was no exception. She wondered if we might want this:



It's a classic Surfin' Goofy Remote Control! My dad was totally into Mr. Fy, and so we bought him all kinds of Goofy merchandise over the years. I do not know exactly how old it is, but it has buttons for a VCR and no DVD control, and when I looked to see if I could program it for my Vizio flat screen I found that Vizio had yet be invented when the instructions were written! So it may be useless, but it's still cool and it joins all the other Disney memorabilia in our home. Plus it seemed like the perfect relic for a Disney kind of Throwback Thursday! Surf's up, my friends!

3 comments:

  1. If you have the instruction manual for this remote I'd appreciate a copy. I have misplaced mine and we have anew TV I need to program. Let me know at this site and I will check periodically. I also have a lot of Goofy stuff given to me over the years and I guess my kids will have to deal with it after I pass on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if I still have it, but I will begin a search!

      Delete
    2. Thanks,. I appreciate the effort.

      Blessings,
      Boompa

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!