Wednesday, March 12, 2014

These Are a Few of My Favorite Tweets

I have been on Twitter for around 4 years now, and in that time I have come to love a lot of the people I have met there. I have had a blast following live events like ball games and awards shows and getting snarky about current events. But Twitter is more than just entertainment to me. It is also inspiration and fresh eyes through which to view the world. I don't agree with anywhere near everything I read, but from time to time I am stunned at the simple eloquence of 140 characters. And sometimes the insights just crack me up...

So today I am sharing just a few of the tweets that I have favorited over the years. To be fair, I didn't start using the favorite feature with any regularity until about the middle of 2013, but even so I have quite a list. Today I would like to share some of my favorite *Favorites* from some of my favorite tweeps- and a few total strangers! I hope some of them will move you the way they did me. This list does not include tweets that were part of longer conversations, and I only used one tweet per person. There are also several dozen tweets on my favorite list that say really nice things about me. They are not included here, but I hope my friends know how much they have been appreciated over the years. I bet you didn't know that #EverybodyLovesCarl was once an official Twitter hashtag. For real. These are some wonderful folks, and I hope you''ll enjoy this walk down my Twitter memory lane!

 4 Jul 2011  Saddlin' up with Christ is immediate...Learning to ride with him takes a lifetime.
 1 Apr 2012 If Jesus rode in low on a donkey, we should go ahead and get down off of our high horse.
 29 Aug 2012  It is just as important to love the Lord with immeasurable passion and fervor of the heart as it is to love the Lord with all of your mind.
 22 Jan 2013   Lord, let us go forth, love each other, and knock holes in the darkness. #umc
 26 Jan 2013 Today I am feeling the weight of the lies fed to us. I just want to love people like Jesus loved them.
 Mar 31  Jesus Christ didn't break into our homes to hide gifts or eggs; he broke the chains of slavery and freely gave the gift of salvation.

 Apr 29  In the morning i say one thing in chapel. That afternoon God says, ready to practice what you preach? And i say.... Crap.

 May 19 The same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives in me....let it be so!!!

 Jun 26 Want to change the world, even just a little, today? Start by saying hi to people. So many people feel invisible and you could change that.
 Jul 7  Today in Sunday School, I had to explain to a 12 yo boy what a Storm Trooper was.
 Jul 9  In Barnes and Noble. Looking for Waldo books. Can't find them. Well played, Barnes and Noble. Well played.
 Sep 3  Carl! I figured out a way the could get Bonds & Griffey and not have to give up much!
 Sep 11  You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips
 Sep 19 At the very least, even if we can't switch "amen" to "boomshakalaka" at church, it needs to find regular use as a hashtag
 Oct 1  "We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are." - Max Dupree
 Oct 25  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
 Nov 1 To quote an awesome HIMYM fan, "Suit up, guns down," is my favorite quote of the day. (Shared after HIMYM creator Craig Thomas was in the airport and was shot at during the LAX shooting)
 Nov 10 When we respond to something out of anger, immaturity begins to take control. Think before you speak. Words can never be taken back.
 Nov 12 If Sarah Palin is upset that the Pope is liberal, I can’t wait until she hears about the teachings of Jesus.
 Nov 13 When becomes a concert, it's not worship.
 @amykiane Nov 13 "Melodies of praise are rising up to you God.....You put a song in my heart & I can't stop singing."
 Dec 16Kinda disappointed that Tolkien cut so much of the movie out when he wrote .
 Jan 4 Adventures only come in one variety, "daring." There is no such thing as a "safe adventure."
 Jan 4This salad tastes like I'd rather be fat.
 Jan 11 There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy. Be on the lookout for them today.
 Jan 23 Will someone please put Justin Bieber in timeout, ground him,or send him to his room with no supper. Something. Time to move on newspeople.
 Jan 24 Those that provide continuous care for the ill and aging deserve a special golden palace in heaven.
 Jan 25 I don't have a problem with liberal Xians or conservative Xians as much as I do those who put being lib or cons above being Christian.
 Jan 25 From malls to middle schools guns are blazing, bullets are flying, people are dying, and America is yawning.

 Jan 27 One cannot read the Sermon on the Mount without getting the idea that Jesus was trying to get us to stop hating and killing each other.

 Jan 28 "There's no way of preaching the gospel of forgiveness without shocking people with what seems to be the indiscriminateness of it."

 Feb 5 The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.

And the best part? Today there will be more tweets that will make my list. And they may just be from you!

Because of Jesus,

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I made the list. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You making the list was a no-brainer. Choosing which tweet to use was the bigger issue, my friend!

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!