Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday Shout Out!


This edition of the Saturday Shout Outs! is unusual for a couple of reasons. Number one, it's a singular shout. Just one- and it's a prayer request. And the second unusual thing is that the prayer request is for me and my family.

Life is getting interesting this week.The baseball season opens tomorrow night, and you know I love baseball. So that's good. How I Met Your Mother ends on Monday, and that's bad. And then there is this. This coming Wednesday, April 2nd, is a huge day in our lives. Those of you who know my story are aware that for the past 7 years I have been living under a set of restrictions that (among other things) have limited my ability to travel and to see people I miss and love. This coming Wednesday morning I will stand before a Judge in Waycross, GA in the hopes that all of that can finally be put behind us. There is very little way of predicting an outcome. I have done all I could do for 7 years in the hopes that when the day arrived I would be set free from my restrictions. There is no reason it shouldn't go our way. But if I have learned anything from this experience it is that the justice system is not always logical. If the Judge decides not to release me, I will still have 3 years of probation left to serve. And I can do that. In the end, it is all up to the Judge. 

But fortunately, we believe that there is a higher power than the Judge who loves us and cares for us- and his name is Jesus! So for the next few days I do covet your prayers. We ask that you pray that the Judge would have wisdom and compassion. I feel I have learned my lessons, served enough time and been sufficiently punished. There has been so much grace given to me by friends and family I know and love; now it's our hope that the court will do the same. But it's also not just about me! Marilyn and Will have spent 7 years suffering gracefully while my situation screwed up plans and caused them to forgo things they otherwise would have done. I missed much of Will's high school experience. Marilyn has had to bear the financial burden and do all the late night pick-ups and shuttles. The end of my restrictions will mean freedom for them as well. 

So if you are so inclined, please pray for myself and my family. Pray for the Judge. And pray that we will return to Tampa on Wednesday evening with a new freedom and chance to begin to live life our way again. And if you'd like, you can also send an email to me at Youthguy07@aol.com by Monday just saying how you know me, that you know of my offense, that I'm a nice guy with a great family and that you are in favor of me being done with probation. We will print them and take them with us to court as character references. I can tell you in advance that I have felt the support of so many of you these past years, and I know I will feel it Wednesday. Thanks for listening and for your prayers. 

Because of Jesus,

11 comments:

  1. We are in court at 9 am but could be heard anytime before noon. Thanks for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/29/2014

    You Know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you bunches. I'll be praying. You'll be receiving a letter from me in the most eloquent words I can deliver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marie. You're the best.

      Delete
  4. Nothing would please me more than taking the time to pray for you and your wonderful family. All that you do for us, that's the least we can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robert. Never doubted for one second that I could count on you for prayers and support.

      Delete
  5. Susan McBane Tuggle3/29/2014

    And, you know here, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Susan. I do know. Thanks so much for the warm thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  6. You're always in my prayers, but you know I'll be saying an extra few. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa that means so much to me. Love you!

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!