Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thank God

Today's post is another entry from Lois Cheney's 1969 devotional classic, God Is No Fool.  It is a reminder to me of how blessed I am that so many people can look beyond the shell that is me and see God at work within me.  I hope this is blessing to all of you.  Have a wonderful Sunday!


Thank God.
Thank God for those who see into us, through us, and to the self that is beyond ourselves.  There have been those few who refused our superficial roles, who have seen beyond our clever chatter; who have waited beyond our preoccupation.  Reaching through our facades, which we have very carefully built, they have seen a beauty which we all have, but which for most of us lies buried deep inside.  The beauty was planted there by God.  He then touches those few, who through love, touch us.  Much of the positive which we do and think is in response to those who have smiled past our shells and into the white light.  Thank God and thank them, and pray we never stop trying to measure up to what He and they believe we can be.


Because of Jesus,

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/07/2011

    "The beauty was planted there by God." What an awesome statement. I pray I see that beauty in everyone I encounter today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!