Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Shout Outs!

Greetings friends and neighbors, and welcome to another edition of Saturday Shout Outs!  We're now less than two weeks away from the 2nd anniversary of this blog, and we've got some special events coming up that should be fun for everyone! There will be a few special Hall of Fame inductions, a look back at a couple of major characters from way back in my own high school days, and a salute to Quaker Lake Camp.  But until then, here's what I'm shouting about...

  • Congratulations to Jacob (FUMC-Kissimmee) and Cara Lupfer, who were married a couple of weeks ago at Fernandina Beach.  Kelly Jeck Trace (FUMC-K) was there as official photographer and there were some great pictures posted on Facebook.  Contrary to Jacob's current profile picture, they are NOT British royalty...
  • Jennifer (Bob) Minnigan Kuramochi and hubby Jun have their restaurant open again after moving- just in time for baby Josephine to be born most any day now.  We'll give you news as soon as we get it!  
  • My lovely wife Marilyn is at a baby shower this morning for Lisa Kraus Spires (FUMC-K), who is due in September.  Be praying for Lisa, Mike and Sara as they prepare to welcome baby Abby.  And as always, pray that the shower will get everyone clean!  :)
  • Keri Vinson Johnston (Springfield Friends Meeting) is beginning a new business endeavor today with the grand opening of simply Pink in Winston-Salem, NC.  Details were being kept top secret, but you can visit their Facebook page to learn more.  I'm excited for Keri and pray that the store will be a big hit!  With Keri involved I'd be surprised at anything less...
  • Teresa Reep Tysinger (FUMC-K) has been posting the coolest news on Facebook lately- although it's all about her hubby, Eric!  He works in the theater doing technical work and set design (or something like that- correct me, Teresa!) and will soon be working with Dick and Jerry Van Dyke in Texas and just interviewed (outcome unknown) with Radio City Music Hall.  Makes my little encounter with Michael Keaton seem pretty insignificant!  :)
  • I've been away from Twitter a lot lately, but friends like Amy, Jenn, Jason, Robert, Tracee and so many more always help keep my spirits high and my focus on the right things.  Love you guys!
  • It's back to school time, and I want us to be praying for all of the teachers in our lives.  Today I especially lift up Marie Allen Pleasants (Springfield), who at last word was still looking for a teaching job.  A thought occurs to me...I would love to post a list of all the current educators who have been connected to our youth ministries over the years.  So send me names.  I know there are lots- from Ken Hill and Todd Farlow (Springfield) to Caitlin Esry and Lisa Spires (FUMC-K) Jennifer Gastler (Wesley Memorial UMC).  E-mail names to youthguy07@aol.com and I'll post a more comprehensive prayer list later this week!  
  • We were blessed with an overnight visit from Jerry Hanbery (FUMC-K) this past Wednesday, and I am more convinced than ever that the world would be a better place (and a heck of a lot more fun!) if Jerry ruled the world.  At least for a day!
  • And finally, my dear friend Lisa Jewett (Wesley) returned from spending time with her son Ken and her grandchildren in Asheville, NC- just in time to go back to her own teaching job.  We missed you in Tampa, Grandma!  :)
As always, I'd love to hear your news and shout it out, so e-mail me, leave comments, talk to Marilyn on Facebook or just yell really loud!  You are all loved and missed!!!


Because of Jesus,

3 comments:

  1. To anyone having trouble leaving comments- simply comment as Anonymous and then leave your name on the comment- seems to work every time! Hope you all have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/14/2011

    Thank you for your prayers Carl, I can certainly use them. I am looking for most anything education related right now. It was nice of you to think of the teachers.

    Marie Allen Pleasants

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, Marie. Best of luck in your search- I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!