Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday Shout Outs!

It's hard to believe 2 weeks have passed and that it is time for another edition of Saturday Shout Outs!  Despite the fact that none of our pregnant folk have had babies yet, it has certainly been an eventful couple of weeks.  Traffic here on the blog has been strange, with high days, low days, and a few days where someone was catching up on a lot of old posts.  I also understand via some posts on Facebook last night that some of you have been trying to leave comments and blogger has not been cooperating.  I apologize for the techno-error, but not sure what I can do about it.  Marilyn and Will are travelling, the country is about to go broke and there is NOTHING on TV anymore.  But I digress...  Here are this week's shout outs!

  • Faithful readers Jennifer Minnigan Kuramochi (FUMC-Kissimmee) and her husband Jun had to relocated their sushi restaurant in Clearwater over the past couple of weeks.  They were just moving next door, but as often happens in such situations nothing went as planned and it was very stressful.  It doesn't help that "Bob" is less than a month away from giving birth.  Please keep them in your prayers.
  • Ashley Goad Broadhurst (Springfield Friends Meeting) is headed back to Haiti this week, so be sure to keep her in your prayers.  You know it's a read shame she never gets out of the house...  :)
  • One of my first and most faithful readers, Lauren Carr Cacciatore, will be on vacation this week with her hubby Brad.  Have a great time, Lauren!
  • If all goes well, later today I will be sharing a meal with Wayne and Janet Cook (FUMC-K).  I'm really excited to sit down and visit with these dear old friends!
  • Christie Weatherby (Twitter) wrote this week that I am one of the funniest people she has ever know.  HA!  Take that, all of you who never laughed at my jokes!  And Christie, my dear...you should probably get out more often!!!
  • Speaking of Twitter, I tweeted this yesterday in response to our current political mess and it got a huge response, so I thought I'd be brave and share it again:  People who protested Bush's policies were "traitors." People who hate Obama are "patriots." The really smart people are "Canadian."  Send all responses to one of our friends in DC so they can pass it on- like Jacob Lupfer or Todd Willis (both FUMC-K)!!!
  • My wife and son leave Elkin, NC in the morning and will spend the next week in Myrtle Beach.  Keep them in your prayers, and keep me in mind for dinner dates!  Lisa Jewett (Wesley UMC) went above and beyond the call this week, but she is leaving town to go vacation with family in Asheville, NC.  Someone is going to need to step up!  :)  And no one ever does this when I ask, but if you feel so led I'd love to hear something one of you remembers about one of our youth group Myrtle Beach trips in the comment section- if it will work!
  • This comes to us via Dr. Jill WatsonLaura (Drapkin) Croft is also expecting a little Nathaniel on or about August 4. I'm sure she and Charlie would appreciate your prayers.  And so we should pray now!
  • My incredible growing Twitter family seems to be leaving lots of comments these days, including great friends like Amy Nabors, Tracee Persiko, Chris Wesley, Seiji Yamashita  and Cindy Holoman.  Plus old friends like the aforementioned Todd Willis and Jacob Lupfer have been here; Meagan Hill Halquist is back from her baby hiatus (and her blog is back too! http://thehalquistfamily.blogspot.com/ ); Cindy Martin and Brook Teoli Phelps (all FUMC-K) keep stopping by; and the great Charles Freedle (Springfield Friends) has been here as well- along with so many others!  I am so blessed!
  • And finally, here's today's interactive section: Where did you go on the best vacation trip of your life (so far)?  Easy one for me- the 1993 trip from NC to Walt Disney World with the youth of Springfield Friends Meeting!  Leave your destination in a comment!
So there we go.  As always, I'd love to know what's going on with you, so if the comments won't work and you're not on Twitter, e-mail me!  Have a blessed weekend!

    Because of Jesus,

    7 comments:

    1. This is a test. Yep, the comments work for me- hope they will work for all of you today as well. have a great Saturday!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for the shout out Carl!

      ReplyDelete
    3. My pleasure, Amy!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Anonymous7/30/2011

      Thanks for the prayers man, we could sure use them! This month certainly is wrapping up on a low note but thankfully it'll pass.

      My best vacation had to be the one where my family and I went on a RV trip up the eastern sea board and stopped in Savannah,GA, Charleston, SC, Myrtle Beach, SC, Washington D.C., Hershey Park, PA, Lancanster, PA and then on over to Michigan to visit family. Man that was an awesome trip!

      Hope the rest of your weekend goes well!

      - Jen Aka Bob

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hope it all gets better soon, my friend! That sounds like a great trip, Jen! Love trips like that where you are someplace different most every day!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thanks for the shout-out, Carl, but more importantly, thank you for the prayers!!

      One day, I'll get out of the house...and go on a REAL vacation! One day! :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Anytime, Ashley! And as I have told you numerous times before, Tampa is a wonderful vacation destination!!! :-)

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!