Monday, July 25, 2011

The Wisdom of Kermit

Yesterday I shared with the you the ramblings of a dog.  Today I want to let you in on the wisdom of a frog- Kermit the Frog, that is!  All of the following quotes are from his book, Before You Leap- A Frog's-Eye View of Life's Greatest Lessons (Meredith Books, 2006).  I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do.

  • "Dreams are how we figure out where we want to go.  Life is how we get there."
  • "Every journey begins with a single hop."
  • "Only love can make you rich."
  • "Life is great.  But without bad times we wouldn't know the difference."
  • "Always be happy.  When people are in a bad mood the last thing they want to do is hang around with happy people."
  • "You are what you eat, which I guess makes me part mosquito."
  • "It's not easy being green, but green is what I want to be.  Be what you want to be."
  • "Love is a gift.  Don't ask for the receipt!"
  • "Friends.  So much more than an old TV show."
  • "Time's fun when you're having flies!"
  • "Success is believing in yourself, then convincing everyone else that you're right."
  • "Be your own boss.  Give yourself the day off."
  • "When you're young at heart, the rest of you is sure to follow along."
  • "A best friend is someone who makes you laugh, even when the jokes aren't funny."
  • "Follow your dream.  I did, and look what I've done so far..."
Pretty wise stuff from a frog who's in love with a pig, huh?  Let me know which of these nuggets is your favorite.  Have a blessed day, and keep dreaming.  "Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection- the lovers, the dreamers...and me!"


Because of Jesus,

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/25/2011

    One of my favorite songs is Rainbow Connection. I have all my voice students sing this - loved the movie too! Kermit is a favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, we have a giant Kermit statue in our home, and we own most of the Muppet movies. Looking forward to the new one this November! Gotta' love the frog...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!