Friday, July 25, 2014

30/30: Ten Fictional Dinner Guests

My 25th prompt in the 30/30 Vision Blog Challenge (hard to believe we are almost done!) is to invite 10 fictional characters to dinner. To make my life a little easier I will stick with one genre of fiction, so I give you my list of 7 fictional characters from TV shows with whom I would like to break bread. Including characters from films and books would have given me far too many "people" to choose from! If you know me at all, then you know that I would invite a group of strange and wonderful folks, some of whom are among the most bizarre figures in television history- because I want a dinner PARTY! Since I am old and you may not know all of these unique individuals, I will include a word or two of description and the occasional link to a Youtube video. Enjoy! And then be sure to leave your own suggestions as a comment. Here we go:
  1. Rev. Jim IgnatowskiTaxi - Played brilliantly by Christopher Lloyd (Doc Brown from Back to the Future) Rev. Jim was a washed out, drugged out hippie who became one of the cabbies in season 2.  His signature moment, and one of the funniest scenes in history, was taking his driving test while his friends tried to help him cheat.  You can see it by clicking  here.
  2. Dr. Sheldon CooperThe Big Bang Theory -Jim Parsons is simply amazing in this role. He would no doubt dominate the conversation and make everyone feel like an idiot, but I love him. Bazinga!
  3. Phoebe BuffayFriends -Not only would she provide quirky conversation and refuse to eat most everything I served, but she could provide some after-dinner entertainment.  "Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?"
  4. Dr. Walter BishopFringe- How John Nobles did not won an Emmy for his amazing portrayal of both Walter and the Walternate is beyond me. His love of bizarre foods and eccentric chat would keep things going, plus he would be an intellectual match for Sheldon. As long as we let him take his tapioca pudding and his LSD...
  5. Sue Sylvester, Glee -Because no matter how smart or how right everyone else at the table thinks they are, she is smarter and "righter." Just ask her.
  6. Cosmo KramerSeinfeld -It would be worth it just to see him make his signature entrance in to the room, but Kramer would also be so random with his thoughts that the course of the conversation would keep changing all evening. Plus there had to be a representative from Seinfeld, and I am NOT inviting George...
  7. Dr. Johnny FeverWKRP In Cincinnati -The ultimate radio personality, Johnny once was once fired from a station for saying "booger" on the air. He is usually totally "out of it" and would be a dynamite fit with this cast of characters. Actually, I would take most anyone from the cast of WKRP.  A brilliant if short-lived show.
  8. Robin Scherbatsky, How I Met Your Mother - Because we have to invite her if we want Robin Sparkles to perform, and every good party needs a Canadian! Plus. with any luck, Barney Stinson might show up as well...
  9. The Church Lady, Saturday Night Live! - Dana Carvey is one of my favorite cast members ever, and this was his signature character. Plus I would LOVE to see Sheldon and the Church Lady do the Superior Dance together!
  10. Captain James T. Kirk, Star Trek - Because someone will need to be in charge of this madhouse and keep Dr,Cooper under control. And Spock would be boring...
So there's my list. Dinner would never be same. And after dinner, I'm teaching them to play Cocktail, the best card game ever for a group that size. Now ...who's coming to your party?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!