Friday, December 27, 2013

The Ultimate #HIMYM Gift Set

I know that there are plenty of people who spend the days immediately following Christmas shopping for bargains. Some of the more advance shoppers will even already be purchasing gifts for the 2014 holiday season. I am not among them! But I do have to admit my thoughts have already turned to what I want for Christmas next year. I seldom have anything I ask for, let alone a list- but I suppose this constitutes both. You see, on March 31st of 2014 my beloved How I Met Your Mother will cease airing new episodes forever. So by next Christmas, there will inevitably be a deluxe edition collector's box set of the entire 9 years of the series, and many extras.  I want it. You may all have to go in together to afford it, but I want it. And as long as I'm declaring my greed, I might as well go ahead and let those in charge of such things know what extras I would like to see included. If you have the power, please make it so...

  1. The Blu-ray discs themselves should include the normal outtakes and interviews, but should also include some special bonus features. There should be at least 2 (Let's Go To the Mall & Sandcastles In the Sand) full-length Robin Sparkles videos. There should be a 1 minute history of the Slap Bet. Perhaps an alternate ending to Karate Kid where William Zabka whips Ralph Macchio. And most importantly, there needs to be a full-length, uninterrupted version of Marshall Vs. the Machines. There's lots more, but I don't want to seem too needy!
  2. There needs to be an unabridged copy of the Bro Code. In addition, it would be nice if Barney could select his 10 favorite plays from the infamous Playbook and include them as well. It would also be nice to include a visual aid to help us keep straight how many times Ted & Robin broke up, got back together, and broke up again, as well as an illustrated chart of all of Ted's girlfriends through the years.. And finally, give each hardcore fan a copy of of one of Lilly's painting. Dogs everywhere need their soothing influence!
  3. My big idea is to include a a set of collector's edition Christmas ornaments with each purchase. There are so many things that could be done with this idea, but here are a few of my suggestions: A talking Barney ornament with catch phrases (Have you met Ted? and more!), a blue French Horn, a yellow umbrella, a cockamouse, a model Fiero with sound ("And I would walk 500 miles..."), a pineapple, red cowboy boots, a storm trooper, a Canadian flag, a Minnesota Vikings jersey, the phone booth, Marshpillow and a tiny bottle of Glen McKenna 30 year old scotch. Just as a start...  :)
  4. Even if it's only for me, I would ask for one more video clip. An alternate ending. I know that Ted and the as yet unnamed "Mother" go on to a very happy life together. But yet I wonder...was Robin really the one? So give me an alternate ending. What would life have been like for soulmates Robin and Ted if they had finally given in and held on to each other forever? You know what- forget that idea. The ending will just have to be the ending. I'll just be happy for Barney & Robin (assuming they really get married) and for Ted & the Mother. Any alternate ending will just have to be the one in my dreams. 
  5. And finally...a poster of the gang sitting at their booth in MacLaren's Pub. This is where life happened for them, where they met so many nights to relive adventures and share good times. They've laughed there, cried there, fought over ducks and bunnies there and shared the kind of love we all hope we find with our own friends. The heart of this show has never been the search for the Mother; the heart of this show has always been friendship. And that's why I will miss it so much.
So now you all know what to get me next Christmas. It will be legen-I have to wait for it because Christmas is a year away-dary! And if that seems like a bit too much, just remember that a fruit basket makes a lovely gift. Have a happy day!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/27/2013

    Yes to all of the above! Loving the ornaments ideas! I'm gonna miss that show :(
    ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen! We also need ornaments of all the dopplegangers. So many ideas...

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12/27/2013

    There should also be an "Intervention Banner" ornament! This is great. I'm ordering mine now!!! - Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call, Rachel! I also got a text from a friend suggesting we need a "Naked Man" ornament. The possibilities are endless!

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!