Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday Shout Outs!

It's time for another edition of my Saturday Shout Outs!  Today's post will be a bit brief, as Marilyn and I are headed over to Downtown Disney to meet Jerry & Melissa Hanbery for lunch at Planet Hollywood.  Ready to get started?  Here we go!

  • Tomorrow (Oct. 16) is my wife Marilyn's birthday.  I hope all of you will be sure and send her birthday wishes either here or on her Facebook.  She's simply the best!
  • In honor of my Twitter friends Jason Huffman and Robert Damron (among others) I have shifted my allegiance to the Texas Rangers for the remainder of the baseball playoffs.  I love this time of year!
  • I got a comment this past week (full of typos) from someone claiming to be my dear long-lost friend Denise May Langley (New Garden Friends & Quaker Lake).  Denise, if you're out there, e-mail me at Youthguy07@aol.com 
  • Ashley Goad Broadhurst (Springfield Friends Meeting) is still in Haiti, working to bring clean drinking water to the people of that country.  Please continue to pray for her.
  • Please pray for Stephanie Greife Owens (Wesley Memorial UMC) whose husband Rod is away at boot camp.  We love you Stephi-Bob!!!
  • Just because it needs to be said- Teresa Reep Tysinger (FUMC-Kissimmee), YOU ROCK!!!
  • Saw the movie Moneyball with Jerry on Thursday and loved it.  I have to see it again and let a little time pass before I decide, but it may well crack my list of my Top 10 Baseball Movies.
  • Thanks so much to everyone who left me birthday wishes and participated in Comment Day back on October 6th.  I had a great day and felt the love.  My friends are just awesome!
  • Marilyn and I love sharing Taco Tuesdays at Tijuana Flats each week with our dear friend Lisa Jewett (Wesley).  We'd love to have any Tampa folks who are reading join us sometime.  Just don't try to take my Cookie Dough Flautas!  
  • And finally...I have been sitting on some big news for a couple of months now that I am finally at liberty to announce.  The Hanbery's are expecting a second baby!  How cool is that?  :)  The babies just keep on coming!!!
So there you go!  Hope you all have a great Saturday and a blessed Sunday!  See you soon!


Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!