Sunday, October 2, 2011

Saturday Shout Outs- Sunday Edition!

This edition of Shout Outs! is a day late due to the WDW 40th birthday post yesterday, but we've got lots of juicy info to pass along- so let's get to it!

  • There were two babies born in the extended youth ministry family this week!  First, Erin Augenblick Shannon (FUMC-Kissimmee) and hubby Brandon gave birth to Carter Willis Shannon in Michigan on September 25.  The big boy came into the world at a whopping 10 lb. 7 ounces.  Then on Thursday night, Danny & Missy McCorquodale (Springfield Friends Meeting) welcomed Aubrey Corinne to the world.  Everyone seems to be doing great.  Our prayers are with both of these families, as well as with the other expecting mothers in our family!
  • As I wrote earlier this week, I had a great lunch on Wednesday with Stephanie Greife Owens and Alex Smith (both Wesley Memorial UMC).  It was so good, in fact, that we are going to do it again this Tuesday at our old stomping grounds, Lee Gardens.  We'll meet around 11:45 AM.  Joanne Gastler has indicated she is going to join us, and we hope others will as well. Everyone is welcome!
  • I had a couple of nice online exchanges this week with Marie Allen Pleasants (SFM).  Always so cool to catch up with old friends and hear what's going on in their lives.  I'm praying for your job situation, Marie!
  • It's been an incredible week to be a Tampa Bay Rays fan.  I have a little bet going with my Twitter friend Jason Huffman, who is a crazy Texas Rangers fan.  Let's go Rays!
  • Marilyn and I had lunch yesterday with Lisa Kraus Spires (FUMC-K) and Abby at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse.  A great lunch, but also made me miss Kado and Kyoto's something terrible...
  • If you live anywhere near a Tijuana Flats restaurant and haven't tried their Fish Tacos or their Cookie Dough Flautas, GO!  If you don't live near one, come to Tampa and I will treat you.  So good, so good, so good...
  • A Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people, Hal Gastler (Wesley Memorial)!  His special today is tomorrow.  People born the first week of October are exceedingly wonderful!  (Hint, Hint)
  • While my son Will was at his Homecoming dance last night, I had a double date at the Olive Garden!  Marilyn Jones & Lisa Jewett, it was a blast- as always!
  • I read a lot of blogs, but there are a few of my favorites written by members of my extended youth family.  You should check out http://thanksgivingprojectagb.blogspot.com/  from Ashley Goad Broadhurst (SFM);  http://confessionsofachronicwanderluster.blogspot.com/ from Krystle Singleton (FUMC-K); and http://thehalquistfamily.blogspot.com/ from Meagan Hill Halquist (FUMC-K).  I try to never miss a post!
  • I'm still working on a Disney Dash Ice Cream Bash for a little later this year.  Don't give up on me!
That's it for now!  Hope you all are having a blessed Sabbath!

    Because of Jesus,

    5 comments:

    1. Looks like Hal is going to join us on Tuesday as well!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. YAY!!! Can't wait to see you guys!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thanks for the shout out! I too, try not to miss an entry of yours! Happy Monday... make it a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks for the shout out! Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thanks Meagan and Krystle- keep up the great writing, and hope you have a great week as well!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!