Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Blog Challenge

My Twitter friend Sierra White has organized a blog challenge for some of the Christian bloggers she knows, and once a week during the month of October I will be participating in this adventure.  She has give us assignments for each week, and they are as follows:

Week #1 -Blog about how you got saved…your testimony.
Week #2- Why Jesus?  Why not Allah or Mohammad?  Why not Buddha?  What makes you so sure Jesus IS THE WAY?
Week #3- Pick a Blogger in the group of bloggers who are in on this and do an interview of sorts with them on your blog. It's an opportunity for bloggers to get to know each other, promote each others blogs, etc.
Week #4- Blog about 2 people who inspire you in your walk with Christ.  Whether it be a friend, mentor, or even someone you don't personally know.



I am excited to be a part of this challenge.  It is always good to take a long hard look not only at WHAT you believe, but also WHY.  It is also always good to look back at your spiritual roots, to examine where you came from and how you got to where you are now.  The first assignment is not an easy one for me, because I cannot look back at a specific instance that led to me committing my my life to Christ.  Instead it was a series of events that took me down a path that twisted, turned and changed me at every stop.  I look forward to sharing that story with you tomorrow.  We may not all use the same language or even agree on the things we believe, but there is one thing I know to be true.  Encountering Jesus doesn't just change a person once- it continues to change them over and over again.  Details tomorrow...


Because of Jesus,  

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/04/2011

    I some how managed to miss this tweet from Sierra. The blog challenge sounds interesting. May just have to join in on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!