Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"C'mon Man- Just Shut Up!" (Bonus Post)

WARNING!  The following post contains political opinion.  Just remember if it makes you angry, Jesus says you still have to love me anyway!  :)


When I first started watching Mike & Mike In the Morning on ESPN2, they presented something every Tuesday called The Just Shut Up Award.  The idea was to present this fictional trophy to the person in sports who had said the most ridiculous thing over the previous week.  I loved the idea so much that I gave out a similar award on my youth group website for a few years.  Sometimes people just say dumb things.

Currently, ESPN has a NFL analyst named Chris Carter.  CC was a great player in his day, and has very interesting insights into the current state of the league and its players. He can be heard in several different places on the ESPN family of networks giving out his very special award.  It's called "C'mon, Man!"  He picks out a player or two who did something ridiculous and basically says to them, "Are you serious?  C'mon, man!"  Sometimes people just do dumb things.

I try not to be political on this blog, but every now and then things must be said.  Over the past 9 months I have watched and listened to the Chief Executive of the great state of Florida.  He has consistently and without fail done and said ridiculous things on a weekly basis.  The things he is doing to teachers in particular and education in general in this state should be considered criminal.  So without further adieu, I would like to present my first ever C'mon Man- Just Shut Up! award to The Governor Who Shall Not Be Named. He's pictured below with his identical twin.  I am certain he will be honored by this award...
Which one's Rick?  




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/11/2011

    You could not have picked a more deserving winner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!