Friday, September 9, 2011

One Great Day

Lexi & Stephanie- back in the day!
Today's post was supposed to called One Amazing Day, and was going to be about the day of my Dad's memorial service in May of 2006.  But yesterday was such a Great Day that I decided to write about it instead, saving the Amazing Day for tomorrow.  I think having to choose between great and amazing is a pretty good indication of just how blessed my life was and is...


My great day began early.  At 6 AM I was up reading blogs and leaving comments as a part of Comment Day.  I fixed Will pancakes, drove him to school and dropped him off around 7:20 AM.  On my way home I got a call from my dear friend Stephanie Greife Owens, a former youth at Wesley Memorial UMC here in Tampa.  She wanted to know if we could get together, so we made lunch plans.  After driving Marilyn to work so I could keep the car, I returned home and read blogs for 90 solid minutes, being sure to leave a comment on each one.  I was excited and inspired by so many of the blogs I read, and encouraged by the response I was getting to Comment Day.  Comments were popping up on this blog as well.  It was awesome!


I picked Stephanie up around 11:30 AM and took her to Moe's for lunch.  She had never been to a Moe's, so that made it extra fun!  We then proceeded to talk about life- past, present and future.  We shared some painful moments and some hysterical laughter.  Mostly we were reminded of the love we have for one another.  Almost 3 hours later, we had to go.  I think we could have probably still been talking if we hadn't had places to be...


In the middle of lunch I had received a call from the great Jerry Hanbery, telling me would be in Tampa last night and wondering about dinner plans.  I had to take Will to the orthodontist and then to band practice, but after that the schedule was clear.  I returned home, read more blogs, smiled at all the comments I was getting, and then welcomed Jerry back to our home.  We went and picked up Marilyn, had a great dinner at Miguel's (Mexican twice in one day, but who's counting!) and just had a wonderful visit- including a hilarious group phone call with his lovely wife Melissa.  Later, Will got to visit with Jerry as well before Mr. H headed back to his motel for the night. A text message from Stephanie and a phone call to Lisa Jewett thanking her for FINALLY leaving a comment here wrapped up a great day.


Thanks to everyone- bloggers, readers, family & friends- who made yesterday such a Great Day.  I was reminded again how much I love my family, my friends and my Jesus.  And just think, that was only great.  Tomorrow, get ready for Amazing!


Because of Jesus,

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/09/2011

    Steph-E-Bob : I really really love you Carl! Moe's was so Geeeeeewd! I want to thank you for lunch yesterday... but mostly i want to thank you for being my greatest friend, i wouldnt trade you for the world.<3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right back at ya, Steph! Thank you for being such a big part of such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great day yesterday Carl! You are always such an encouragement with your positive outlook. Thank you for always sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/09/2011

    Yay for a great day :D
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, have you noticed how often you are a part of my really good days lately? Coincidence? I think not... Comments 2 days in a row- I am so proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9/09/2011

    Steph-E-Bob:
    Haaaaaay Lisaaa! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!