Friday, February 5, 2010

Who Dat?

I am a huge football fan, so Super Bowl Sunday is a high holy day for me.  For years I hosted Super Bowl parties for my youth groups, and they were always a blast (except for the occasional fist fight between girls- but that story will have to wait!) with lots of food and lots of fun.  There was only one problem with those parties.  Every year, on Sunday morning the day of the game, I would have to answer one of the world's dumbest questions:  "What are we going to do at the Super Bowl party?"  I would have to answer "I don't know- I thought we would WATCH THE GAME!!!"  Now I get to watch with Marilyn and Will at Winner's Sports Bar in Tampa, and we still have a great time and great food.  And everyone watches the game!

I love both teams this year.  Peyton Manning is unbelievable, Jim Caldwell used to coach at Wake Forest, Jeff Saturday is a Carolina guy and Tony Dungy is one of my heroes.  The Colts are a great team, and they will score a lot of points. My head says pick the Colts. But I have to go with the Saints.  With all that city has been through, with how bad that team has been for so many years- this will be their day.  I will be a Saints fan this Sunday.  Drew Brees is gonna' rock the house, and their defense will make some big plays. They will break the curse and become the first team ever to lose to my Bucs and win the Super Bowl in the same season.   Who Dat gonna' beat them Saints?  No one! 
Final Score:  Saints-37  Colts-31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!