Thursday, February 11, 2010

CCM Countdown: 20-16

Here's another installment of my countdown of the 50 Contemporary Christian music albums that had the most impact on my life and ministry.  To see 25-21 and get links to previous posts, click here.

20)  ALL STAR UNITEDAll Star United-  1997
 With a name sounding like an English soccer team, Ian Eskelin and ASU burst on the scene in 1997 with their self-titled project full of infectious power pop.  Featuring great songs like La La Land, Saviour of My Universe, Bright Red Carpet and Beautiful Thing, this CD became a staple on youth group trips in the late 1990's.
Download this:  Smash Hit
19)  THISLost And Found-  1998
I met this unusual duo (Michael Bridges and George Baum) at a NYWC in Denver
and immediately fell in love with their sense of humor, their quirky style and their great songs of faith and inspiration.  Over the years I hosted four of their concerts and attended several others.  THIS (not to be confused with SOMETHING or SOMETHING DIFFERENT) featured Cling To the Cross, Be Not Afraid, New Creation and Must Be, along with three of their greatest hits- Slide Girl, Baby and LionsWe became friends over the years, and I once sold their CDs out of the back of their van for a couple of weeks- but that's a story for another time!
Download THIS:  Yes, please do!
18)  CUTTING EDGEDelirious?-  1997 (US)
In the mid-90's a worship band called Delirious? was taking the United Kingdom, a country known for it's lack of passion in worship, by storm.  When some of the music was finally released in the U.S. it revolutionized church music, and especially youth group music.  Songs like Lord You Have My Heart, I Found Jesus, Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble? and The Happy Song began to dominate the youth worship scene.  At times I thought we would be singing I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever literally FOREVER!  A two-disc project that changed they way we did worship.
Download this:  The Happy Song
17)  CAEDMON'S CALLCaedmon's Call-  1997
All it took to get me hooked of this creative band were recommendations from the late Rich Mullins and the great Teresa Reep TysingerLead of Love, a cover of Rich's Hope To Carry On and the fan favorite Bus Driver all made this debut project one of my favorites.  And This World is out of this world...
Download this:  This World
16)  FREE AT LASTdc Talk-  1992
Christian music changed forever with the arrival of this rap/hip-hop/rock album from these three Liberty University alumni.  Every song, from covers of Lean on Me and Jesus is Just Alright to the moving ballad The Hardway, touches the soul.  The message to teenagers on songs like Socially Acceptable and I Don't Want It rang true with my youth at Springfield and in Kissimmee.  And Luv Is A Verb still just blows me away!  
 Download this:  Time Is...

This week's song to enjoy-  Remembering You-  Steven Curtis Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!