Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday Shout Outs!

Where did June go? It's hard to believe the 4th of July is almost here and that it's time for another of my Saturday Shout Outs! I hope each and every one of you are having a wonderful and blessed summer so far, and that the rest of the season will hold many trips to the beach, visits to the pool and other vacation-type activities! Marilyn and I are excited about our trip to Myrtle Beach (with her family) and to NC to visit friends coming up August 9-23. Book your visit now! :) I have a few things to shout about today, so read on and enjoy!

  • Marilyn and I had dinner in Orlando last night with Millie Simmons (Springfield Friends Meeting), her daughter Amy Simmons Stanley & her hubby Chip as well as their kids Georgia and Connor. Aside from eating enough Italian food to feed a small country, it was so great to catch up with some old friends whom we love dearly. Amy was such an important part of everything we were able to do in the youth ministry at SFM. and Millie was my secretary boss there. As Amy said last night, it is always amazing to sit down with friends you haven't seen in years and pick up like no time has passed at all. 
  • My dear friend Teresa Reep Tysinger (FUMC-Kissimmee) will be traveling to Chicago later today for a much needed weekend with her hubby, Eric, who is there helping prepare a new musical (The Last Ship) for the Broadway stage this October. Eric has been away for over 2 months, reaffirming Teresa's status in my mind as a hero, taking care of Emma and the family home while Eric pursues a lifelong dream. And I know he misses them terribly as well. A few weeks ago Teresa told me that Eric got a bear hug from Sting, who wrote the music for the show. That will pale in comparison to the hug he'll get tonight. Have a great weekend, my friends!
  • Congratulations to Isabelle Davis Randolph (FUMC-K) and her new husband Jerryl! They were married yesterday, with the complete and excited blessings of her mom Debbie, one of my very favorite co-workers ever. Way to go Izzy!
  • Yesterday was the birthday of another of my favorite all-time people, Amber Herrick (FUMC-K). Once one of Carl's Angels, always one. Much love to her as the celebrations continue this weekend.
  • During our conversations at dinner last night, Amy brought up the idea of a reunion of anyone who was connected to the student ministry of Springfield Friends Meeting during the years (1986-1994) that I served there. Marilyn and I will be in NC in August, and we talked about trying to get as many folks as possible together on Sunday night, August 17th. If you have any thoughts on where we should do this (maybe for dinner?) or if you would like to help plan such an event, please let me know. My cell is 813-919-3755. We need to make some decisions quickly and get the word out!
  • Congrats, Ann Saunders (SFM)!!! Out thoughts and prayers are with you as are FINALLY able to move forward. Many blessings to you and your family!
  • I hear from various sources of so many former youth who are dealing with things like broken bones, sickness, loneliness and depression. Please know you are never alone. Jesus loves you. We love you you. Never be afraid to reach out of for a helping hand or a sympathetic ear.
  • And finally- an update on my novel. The writing has gotten a little slower and my access to the computer has been limited by Will's creative writing class, but I am nearing 50,000 words and getting ready to see if this book has an ending. Prayers are appreciated.  :)
That's it for today! Have a great weekend and a wonderful July 4th. And leave a comment today. It's the patriotic thing to do!  Love you guys!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/28/2014

    I do hope we can see you while you are here! Patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We look forward to it, Patsy!

      Delete
  2. August sounds great. We go out of town Labor day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we could meet you somewhere while you are in NC. Where will you be staying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought about that too! We will be in the Greensboro area most of the time, but maybe we can work something out. That would be awesome!

      Delete
  4. Maybe we could meet in Winston for lunch or dinner? I don't think we have any plans for August so any day would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan! As we get a little closer I'll check with you on some dates.

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!