Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Springtime in Florida

Just a reminder- tomorrow is our February Comment Day!  The first Thursday of each month is set aside to encourage bloggers by reading as many posts as we can and leaving comments on every post we read.  Join in the fun- and spread the world!


It's February 1st, and for those of us who call Central Florida home it is the unofficial first day of Spring!  Tomorrow the Groundhog will stick his head out a hole in Pennsylvania and predict how much more winter must be faced in much of our nation.  For us, it is more about how much longer will the weather be perfect- 78 degrees, blue skies and cool breezes- before it gets to be really nice!  :)  


To celebrate this happy occasion, I have been listening to a lot of Beach Boys these past few days.  I have mentioned here before that I love their music, and own a great deal of it.  Many of you are familiar with their hits, such as Good Vibrations and I Get Around.  I love those songs, but I also love a great deal of their more obscure stuff. Today I would like to suggest to you 10 Beach Boys songs that you may not have ever heard of, in the hopes that you might check them out on I-TunesPandora or Spotify.  For those of us in Florida the music is a great way to welcome in our Spring.  For the rest of you, the Beach Boys are a great way to pretend that summer in right around the corner!  So here's my list:

  1. Honkin' Down the Highway- from the album Love You
  2. Forever- from the album Sunflower  (also a hit for Uncle Jessie on Full House!)
  3. Surf's Up- from the album Surf's Up
  4. Winds of Change- from the album M.I.U.
  5. Keepin' the Summer Alive- from the album of the same name
  6. Funky Pretty- from the album Holland
  7. Susie Cincinnati-  from the album 15 Big Ones
  8. You Still Believe In Me- from the album Pet Sounds
  9. Marcella-  from the album Carl & the Passions: So Tough
  10. Wild Honey- from the album of the same name
If you try these and want more suggestions, give me a shout.  I have a couple of hundred more.  Enjoy your day!


Because of Jesus,

3 comments:

  1. GREAT list! Inspires me to pull out the Beach Boys CD's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/05/2012

    Pretty good list, Carl. But... Wild Honey?
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Wild Honey! I'm telling you as sure as I'm standing here! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!