Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Shout Outs!

Greetings and salutations, friends and neighbors!  It's been an extra long 3 weeks since my last shout outs due to all of the amazing guest posts we shared, so I have a lot to say and lots of people to yell at!  But before I begin, I feel obligated to point out that leaving comments after you read is recommended by 4 out of 5 doctors  HINT HINT!   So here we go!!!

  • Please keep praying for our pregnant couples, including Todd & Kristin Willis, Jerry & Melissa Hanbery and Jacob & Cara Lupfer (all FUMC-K).  All of them are due in the very near future, with Todd telling me this week that Kristin could go in most anytime.  Also, Christy Causey Allen (Springfield Friends Meeting) is already in the hospital, biding her time and waiting for the arrival of her son.  Pray for her, hubby Greg and the doctors looking after them all.
  • Got to share a couple of emails this week with Kristin King (FUMC-K). It was great to catch up with her.  Her courage as she has faced so many surgeries and so many scars after her terrible wreck of a few years ago continues to inspire me.
  • Congratulations to my good Twitter friend Christie Weatherby, who yesterday was recognize as a Certified Christian Counselor.  Can I get a woot-woot?  :)
  • Jeremy Godwin (Springfield) texted me this week that he had injured a tendon in his bicep.  As it turns out, it has pulled away from the bone and will require surgery in a couple of weeks.  Keep Jeremy in your prayers!
  • Speaking of texts, my phone crashed on Valentine's Day (no truth to the rumor that it overheated!) and so I am still trying to re-gather all of the phone numbers I lost.  If you would like to be in my system, just email me your number.  I'd love to stay in touch!
  • Ashley Goad Broadhurst (Springfield) is once again on a mission trip to Haiti.  Keep praying for her and her team.
  • Cindy Martin (FUMC-K), you are one incredible friend and I love you.  You are "moe" special than I can begin to explain...
  • My favorite Tweet of the Week came from Kerry Bural- The words "I was wrong" are pretty much meaningless when followed by "but."  Good, huh?
  • I got a sweet and wonderful email the other night from Edith Shepherd, mother of Katie and one of the first people I remember meeting at New Garden Friends Meeting way back when I was in 8th grade.  Always amazing to hear from old friends.  I really do miss all of my NC Quaker buddies.  Hopefully someday soon I will get up that way again!
  • Teresa Reep Tysinger (FUMC-K), don't go thinking you are better than me just because you got one of them fancy I-PAD do-dads yesterday.  I'm just saying- stay humble! :)
  • I don't know many details, but I have seen on Marilyn's Facebook that simply PiNK, the retail business that Keri Vinson Johnston (Springfield) is part owner of, is undergoing major changes. Please pray for Keri and her partners, and if you know more, please let me know.
  • Lisa Jewett (Wesley Memorial UMC, Taco Tuesdays) and I went to Target yesterday and she did not buy any toys for her grandchildren.  This may well qualify as a miracle...
  • Thank you, Marie Allen (Springfield)!  You know why.
  • And finally, the love and support of my Twitter friends continues to amaze me.  Jason, John, Amy, Robert, Chris, Tom, Jenn, Angie, Stacey, Patti, Sam, Jennifer and so many more continue to inspire and enlighten me.   So many people I have never met; so many people I know I will see someday.  You know what I mean?
So there you have it.  Another shout out in the books!  I hope you all have a blessed day and a wonderful Sunday.  Love you guys!


Because of Jesus,

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/25/2012

    Prayers for all the babies and parents to be.....Kristen is a strong, beautiful lady.....woot woot for Christie.....Teresa not stay humble??? Godspeed to Ashley and all missionaries around the world. 'Moe' thanks but YOU are the incredible friend and I hope you realize just a little of how much you are loved by me and all who's lives you touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear friend...and I love you moe! :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2/25/2012

    Lol Carl :D
    It is wonderful to see God working in so many places, even in Target!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big question is does God ever work in Walmart? Love you Lisa!

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!