Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Shout Outs!

Greetings and salutations and welcome to another edition of Saturday Shout Outs!  I hope you all had a happy Groundhog Day and are not too depressed at the thought of 6 more weeks of winter.  If you are, come to Florida!  :)   Now let's get on with the shouting!

  • Are you excited about the Super Bowl?  I am looking forward to watching the game with my family and Lisa Jewett (Wesley Memorial) at Winner's Sports Bar.  I am also psyched about the the game because quite frankly any opportunity to cheer against The Hoodie, The Pretty Boy and the New England Patriots is a good day.  I would pull for a team of apocalyptic zombies if they were playing the Patriots. I would cheer for Jay Leno and Newt Gingrich against Bill Bellichick.   So needless to say, Go GIANTS!  Who are you rooting for? And don't you think the day after the Super Bowl should be a national holiday?  Just a thought...
  • Speaking of holidays, it's the time of year when Hillsborough County schools get a day off called Fair Day, so students can attend the Florida State Fair here in Tampa.  Over in Kissimmee, they will have a day off for Rodeo Day so everyone can be part of the great Silver Spurs Rodeo.  I love random holidays.  What day would you turn in to an annual day off if it were up to you? I mean besides my birthday...
  • A late happy birthday to my old buddy Carl Semmler (New Garden Friends, Quaker Lake) who celebrated on February 2nd.  Carl becomes 2 years older than me every year at this time,which means a visit from Willard Scott is right around the corner...
  • Continue to pray for our youth group family couples with babies on the way, including Todd & Kristin Willis and Jerry & Melissa Hanbery (FUMC-K) and Christy Causey Allen (Springfield Friends).  Who am I forgetting?
  • If you have a minute around 11 AM on Monday, throw up a prayer of two for me.  I will be busy meeting with people I wish I didn't know and doing something I truly dread.  Your prayers are appreciated.
  • I continue to love being able to text with friends from all over the place.  A special shout out this week to Marie Allen (Springfield) for being a great friend and great encouragement!  If you want my number just give me a shout!  :)
  • So many people are sick right now.  I know this cold bug has played havoc with the family of Lisa Kraus Spires (FUMC-K) and so many others.  Take care of yourselves, and get well soon!
  • Ashley Goad Broadhurst (Springfield) is a grandmother!  Well, sort of.  Her hubby John's adult son is a new father!  No word yet on what our new "Granny" is actually going to be called.  The baby was early but is doing well, so please keep that family in your prayers.
  • Teresa Reep Tysinger (FUMC-K) is currently in Dallas getting to spend the weekend with her hubby Eric and checking out that area as a possible future home.  Keep them in your prayers as they figure out their future!
  • And finally, I continue to love being connected with my Twitter family!  Yesterday I passed the 2000 follower mark, something I never expected to see, and I have the privilege of praying everyday for friends from all over the world that I know because of Twitter.  And I know they pray for me as well.  Since I can't list all 2000 names, I wish just simply say thanks to you all.  And for my "sis" Jenn Ganley who is currently in China, I offer a special prayer and sincere "hurry home!"  Can't wait to hear all about it.
So there we go.  Let me hear from you, and be sure to come back tomorrow for some exciting news on some great guest posts coming up over then ext week or so. Have a blessed weekend, everyone!


Because of Jesus,

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/04/2012

    Prayers on Monday for sure - is this different than the event we are praying for in March?

    And of course your birthday should be a national holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is part of the process as we head for March, and I certainly appreciate the prayers. You're the best, my dear anonymous friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out....and I'm always praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Teresa....and ditto!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!