Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dramatic Grace

Tomorrow is another Comment Day!  Read all the blogs you can, and leave comments on every post you read.  And be sure to stop by here to check out an amazing guest post from my Twitter friend Stacey Rocque!!!


In 1999 I was attending a United Methodist church in Kentucky (for a job interview) one weekend when a skit they performed in worship gave me an idea for a skit to use on a Youth Sunday at FUMC-Kissimmee.  Over the next few years I revised the skit and put it to the music of Michael W. Smith's This Is the Time. It was a major success at 4 churches I served, and I wrote it out for a number of other youth pastors to use over that period of time as well.  It was a skit that teenagers loved because it did not require them to speak.  It was a skit the congregation loved because it conveyed so clearly the love and grace of Jesus in each of our lives.  Each time we shared it, people were moved to tears.


In October of 2006 we did a Youth Sunday at the 6 PM service at Trinity UMC of Waycross, GA- and we included the skit.  The crowd was small (as it always was at the evening service there) and several of the folks who had practiced the skit didn't show up. Nonetheless, the video of that night is the only computer friendly footage I have of the skit.  It's also special to me because my now 16 year old son Will is the 11 year old playing Jesus in the skit.  The camera man had trouble following it, but it still gives you a great feel for this dramatic interpretation of the salvation and grace available to each of us from Jesus Christ.  Enjoy.  And if you're a youth pastor, steal.  It's simple, and it's a keeper!





Because of Jesus,

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/02/2011

    Consider it stolen. :P ~Chris Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! During my days in youth group (not to be confused with my current days leading, haha) one of our leaders had us do the Lifehouse- Everything skit at a bunch of churches! So cool :) Here's a video of one group doing it, not sure what happened to the video of our group! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwCOs-uXzU

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!