Monday, November 21, 2011

The Chair

If you have ever walked into my office (or the office of any other youth pastor) then you have been one of the people who sat in "The Chair."  A youth pastor deals with a wide variety of people and issues during the course of any given day, and the results are often funny and never boring.  I have wanted to post this video here for a long time; I finally found this version through my friend Patti Gibbons blog (http://pattigibbons.com/?p=1290).  It's sort of long for a blog post (16 minutes), but coming from the brilliant minds of The Skit Guys it is sooooo worth the watch.  It is a wonderful & hilarious illustration of why youth pastors do what they do- and why I did what I did for 28 years.  Enjoy.  And for all of my youth pastor friends out there, never forget how important you are in the lives of so many young people.  I know that none of you will ever forget anyone who sat in "The Chair."






Because of Jesus,

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/21/2011

    You were right, Carl. It is well worth the time it takes to view. I laughed so hard I cried- and then I just cried. Awesome! ~ Chris Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/21/2011

    Awesome video Carl- Sooooo Funny. And as a person who has sat in that chair and had children who sat in the chair. Thank you :D
    Now I am going to go to my happy place.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that was awesome! "Do you know who I AM?" - Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Shoot. I took a dump bigger than you this morning..."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!