Thursday, June 16, 2011

Written On My Heart

Welcome to another CCM Thursday.  Let's get this straight right from the beginning- I don't like boy bands.  Even though in the mid-1990s A.J. from the Backstreet Boys had a number of direct connections to my youth group in Kissimmee, I was NEVER a BSB fan.  Even though I think Justin Timberlake is one of the 2 or 3 most talented people on the planet, I had no trouble telling N'Sync to go "Bye, Bye Bye."  I don't even know what NKOTB stands forSo in 2000 when I began to hear of a Christian boy band - Plus One - that was being put together, I couldn't have cared less. And that's the way it should have stayed...


Then my friends at Interlinc- THE source for new Christian music for youth pastors- included a Plus One song on one of their video loops.  I didn't mean to watch it.  It's all Interlinc's fault.  I certainly never intended to like it.  But Written On My Heart was just so catchy...   The kids had incredible voices and it was the #1 Christian song in the country for 2 months!  The video really spoke to me about telling the world how much Jesus loves us, and the lyrics are a wonderful reminder that God has loved us since before we were born.    Think about these lyrics:
You game me Your love,  lifted me up
Now I'm looking at forever 
when I never thought I'd ever see that far
You, you're in my soul wherever I go
Now I know right from the start
Your love was written on my heart

So go ahead.  Make fun of me.  Tell me to hand over my "Man Card" yet again.  At least it's not on my Ipod (OK, that's a lie- it IS on my Ipod, and I love it!).  But like I said last week about Testify to Love, this song is a guilty pleasure that gives me goosebumps every time I hear it because it is such a positive, upbeat testimony to the love of God.  So enjoy it.  And if you find yourself liking it more than you want to, don't blame me. Blame Interlinc!  :)


6 comments:

  1. I remember this joint! Great song for non-boy band fans. That makes it "larger than life".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interlinc commented via Twitter---> Oops. We did it again ... oh wait, that's not from a "boy band" ... :D Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I, boy-band #1 fan, never heard of these guys??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I got a musical one-up on Ashley. This is a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I can't say I didn't swoon about a boy band or two back in my teen years. This is a good song though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all swoon over someone, Amy. I'm old, so I swooned over Olivia Newton-John. But we all swoon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!