Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday Shout Outs!

Welcome to another edition of Saturday Shout Outs!  I trust that you all survived the holiday season and are back into the swing of your normal lives just as we are at the Jones' home.  Here are a few of things I am excited about on this second Saturday of 2011!
  • Congratulations to Jason Fry (FUMC-K) and his wife Kass on the birth of their little girl, Virginia!  Best wishes also go out to grandparents Jim & Karen Fry, as well as Uncle Josh & Aunt Sarah Fry-Crudele!
  • Millie Simmons, my former secretary at Springfield Friends Meeting, is always leaving the sweetest notes on Marilyn's Facebook.  Millie, we love you- mean it!  :)
  • Darin Miller (FUMC-K) is in Glendale, AZ as we speak, getting ready to see his Auburn Tigers take on the Nike Oregon Ducks.  Just knowing Darin is there is enough to make me scream WAR EAGLE a few times on Monday night!
  • Got a comment this past week on the The Great Adventure video I did a while back from Alexandra Smith (Wesley Memorial) complaining about all of the old pics of her in pig tails and bandannas.  All I can say to Alex is that your pics are from 2001-2005.  Imagine how the folks feel looking at pictures from 1978?  I just love all of the old pics, and I am afraid you keep seeing them pop up here!
  • Jerry Hanbery (FUMC-K) made ginger bread cookies for Christmas.  They may have been a bit darker than your average Gingy.  I'm just saying...
  • This blog has been featured on numerous youth ministry websites and other blogs by youth pastors who have started reading through Twitter.  I am excited for my experiences, both good and bad, to be of use to others in ministry.
  • I had lunch with Lisa Kraus Spires again on Dec. 30.  Every time I get together with one of my old friends from youth group days it reminds me how much I miss seeing everyone.  You are all invited to Tampa to our one extra bedroom!  Book early!
  • Ashley Goad Broadhurst (Springfield) is headed back to Haiti to help provide more clean water for the people there.  If you would like to keep up with Ashley, she is blogging now at http://thanksgivingprojectagb.blogspot.com/  Check it out!
  • Zach Wehr (Wesley), Ann Hale (Springfield) and  Will Rees (Springfield) never fail to let us know that they are reading along with this blog.  Other old friends like Hal & Joanne Gastler (Wesley), Charles Freedle (Springfield) and Jill Painter Watson have been along for the ride for quite a while now, and I appreciate their support so much.  Thanks guys- it means more that I can say! 
  • Hey Todd Willis (FUMC-K)- "Get outta town!"  When it comes to the Jesus Revolution, you da man!
I guess that's it for today!  Have a blessed weekend and let me know what's going on with you.  See you all in Tampa real soon!  :)

Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!