- Congratulations to Connor (FUMC-K) and Jolene Lewis, who became the parents of Connor Matthew at 12:07 AM on January 14. Mom and baby are both doing well, and big sister Caitlyn is thrilled. No word on whether he can do the "Gator Chomp" yet...
- I think this blog has mice. I can tell which posts are being read through a statistics program I have, and for the past week or so it seems people have been paying a lot of attention to some of the older posts that deal with Springfield Friends Meeting and FUMC-K . There have been an unusual number of hits on my Hall of Fame post about The Class of '95. I have no way of knowing who is checking out these stories, but if it is you...TELL ME! It's driving me crazy- I love knowing who reads my blog! I love that my FUMC-K family stays connected, and I really miss my SFM family. You will always be my "one particular harbor."
- Speaking of Jimmy Buffett, he is coming to Tampa on April 16th. Tickets go on sale today at 10 AM. They will most likely be gone by noon. So if you plan on buying me tickets, you need to move fast...
- Yesterday's post got a lot of attention (Over 300 page views- but only 5 comments? HINT!) and confirmed something I have been praying about for a while now. I want to make myself available as an online sounding board for pastors and youth pastors. Not so much to offer advice or opinions, but more as someone they can vent to. I know first hand how frustrating it can be to be hurting or angry and not be able to talk to people at your own church. I'm not the only one who has ever had to deal with sin in my life or a The Pastor Who Shall Not Be Named. It is often difficult to balance openness and job security. I'm not sure yet how I am going to put my self "out there," but I am going to try. Be praying for me.
- Does anyone besides me find it humorous that Disney has had to close a place called Blizzard Beach numerous times this winter because it has been too cold? :)
- Do any of you remember our overnight event called The Radical Sabbatical? I would love to know what people remember about them. So tell me (yet another hint).
- I am thinking of doing a series of Music Thursday posts on The Lost Music of EPCOT. A lot of great songs from the 80's and early 90's have disappeared, and I want to bring them back. Would anyone be interested? Have a favorite you remember? E-mail me at Youthguy07@aol.com
- And finally, my quote of the week comes from the late Mike Yaconelli and his classic book Dangerous Wonder: "Christianity is not about learning how to live within the lines; Christianity is about the joy of coloring."
Because of Jesus.