Monday, September 20, 2010

Tell Me Why I Don't Like Mondays

It's Monday, and I feel like it's a Monday.  The Boomtown Rats once sang "Tell me why I don't like Mondays" (a fun little song about a girl who went to school and shot all her friends just because it was Monday), and today I ask the same question.  For the first time in a long time, I don't have a plan as to what I am going to write about today.  My motivation is missing, and I am not sure why.  Maybe it was a nice relaxing weekend, featuring a visit from my Mom.  Maybe I am bit melancholy from a day spent remembering (and trying to celebrate on Twitter) the passing of Rich Mullins 13 years ago yesterday.  Maybe I am a bit down because traffic was very slow on this blog over the weekend.  Or maybe I am just not sure I have anything interesting left to say.  I don't know why.  But for whatever reason,  I am struggling to put words to the page this morning.

So as I am looking at pictures and seeking inspiration, I found this one.  Susan McBane Tuggle (with watermelon) worked with me at Quaker Lake Camp in the late 1970's.  We shared a couple of great summers and remained in contact for a few years, but for the most part had lost contact for many years until Marilyn connected with her on Facebook through a Quaker Lake page.  Susan then discovered this blog, including a few stories about her.  Through Facebook messages and comments here on my blog, we have reconnected in some small way.  And as I looked at this picture this morning and thought about how many years ago it was taken, I was reminded of this truth- we all leave marks in each others lives.  No matter the amount of time we spend together, no matter the situations we are in, we all leave marks.  Looking at this picture produces nothing but positive memories of "Boom-Boom" because she left nothing but positive marks in my life.  Most results are more mixed- marks are good and bad.  So I write this morning with the realization (again!) that this blog is in many ways a list of the marks so many people have made in my life.  Thank you, Susan, for reminding me today of all of the incredible people who have passed through my life.  You were one of the best.  And thanks to all of you who made marks in my life that keep me smiling on Mondays just like this one.  I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Because of Jesus,

5 comments:

  1. For lack or words, it was still a great entry! That watermelon is HUGE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meagan- you are one of those who always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have something interesting to say!! You are awesome, even on Mondays, we love you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I always feel the love from you guys! Thanks for reading even when I feel uninspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/04/2010

    Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!