Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Shout Outs

Tomorrow, September 19th, will mark the 13th anniversary of the day Rich Mullins died in an automobile accident.  My faithful readers know how much Rich meant to me and my ministry, and know of my efforts to keep his ministry alive with my writing.  Take a minute tomorrow and "Sing your praise to the LORD!" in memory of Rich.  But now it's time for another round of Shout Outs!  Here are some of the friends, old and new, that made me smile this week!
  • Got a great e-mail from Todd Willis (FUMC-K) this week, letting me know he is reading and that he really enjoys the devotional posts.  Always so good to hear from Todd!
  • It seems like most every morning this week I had tweets waiting for me that made me smile from Caitlin Esry (FUMC-K).  This is a very good habit- leaving messages, tweets, comments or e-mails- that more of you should try.  I'm just saying...
  • Catie Cook (FUMC-K) let us know what is going on with her as she prepares to head for Afghanistan:   Fly down to Ft Benning, GA on 1 Oct & then to Afghanistan via Kuwait on 8/9 Oct. I have a feeling the time between now and then is going to fly by. Have clinic & surgery this week, St. Louis for Scott AFB next (it's a section in my branch), back Wed night for a range on Thurs, then relaxing and not doing too much the week after as that's when I leave. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! It's appreciated knowing people are thinking/praying as I'm getting ready to start this new adventure.  So pray, people!
  • A new Twitter friend from the website http://www.ccmrewind.com/ visited my CCM Countdown page and found my list to be interesting, especially my inclusion of Lost And Found.  If you have never checked out my countdown, you should!
  • We heard from Susie Thomas (Quaker Lake) on Marilyn's Facebook.  She and Neal are doing well and having a blast with their grandchildren.  Neal is pictured at right, trying to maintain order at snack time at QLC.  It never worked...
  • Kelly Jeck (FUMC-K) was named to the Osceola Historical Society Board of Directors this week.  YAY Kelly!
  • I learned from another Twitter source that a script has been written and approved for a feature film on the life of Rich Mullins.  I am so there...
  • Cyndi Reep Browning checked in with a comment on the post about the one and only Senior Trip, reminding both myself and Lisa Kraus Spires of the great music we used to listen to in the vans on our trips.  It was in Kissimmee that I began my tradition of starting every trip with Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.  Awesome!
  • Ann Saunders Hale (Springfield Friends) is another faithful Twitter friend who is going through a lot.  Please keep her in your prayers.
  • Debbie Davis' mother fell and fractured her back a few nights ago.  Please remember Debbie, Izzy and Ari in your prayers.
  • Bethany Esry (FUMC-K) sent me an e-mail last night updating me on a few members (Matt Rogers, Julia Pribyl and Celia Thacker) of the Confirmation Class of 1999 and telling me about her job in New York City.  So good to hear such great news!
That's it for today!  Keep reading and let me hear from you- and you could be featured next time I do Saturday Shout Outs!

Because of Jesus,

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/30/2010

    Thanks for the ShoutOut Carl! It was a great honor!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!