Thursday, April 1, 2010

CCM Countdown: 6

The countdown of the 50 Contemporary Christian Music albums that had the most impact on my life and ministry continues today with number 6.  To see last week's countdown post and get links to go back as far as you want, click here.  Thanks for the comments and e-mails in response to my begging yesterday.  Tomorrow we begin the 2-part saga of one night at Pleasure Island!  No foolin'!

6)  NEVER PICTURE PERFECT Rich Mullins-  1989
If you have followed this blog at all then you know the impact the late Rich Mullins has had on my life.  This project was the first of his albums that I owned, and it is still my favorite.  Almost every song has a connection to some point in my life and ministry.  There is not much difference between number 1 and number 6 on this countdown...

FEATURED SONGS
The CD soars right from the start, with the combo song I Will Sing/Hope To Carry On grabbing you right away.  While The Nations Rage is a reminder that God is God and man is not, and that as Christians we have a higher loyalty than patriotism.  First Family and Alrightokuhhuhamen are so much a part of my life that they already have their own posts on this blog.  The trilogy of Bound To Come Some Trouble, The Love of God, and My One Thing brings the project to a spiritual climax that is hard to explain.  All three of those tracks hold great meaning to me, and Bound To Come Some Trouble is a song that has carried me through the lowest points in my life.  The lyrics "There's bound to come some trouble to your life, so reach out to Jesus and hold on tight...He's been there before and He knows what it's like, you'll find He's there" are among the most comforting words I know.  If you do not know this album, go buy it now.  You will be blessed by it.

OTHER RECOMMENDED ALBUMS BY RICH MULLINS
Rich Mullins- 1986
Winds of Heaven, Stuff of Earth-  1988
The World As Best As I Remember It, Vol. 1-  1991
The World As Best As I Remember It, Vol. 2-  1992
A Liturgy, A Legacy and a Ragamuffin Band-  1993*
Brother's Keeper-  1995
The Jesus Record (Posthumous)-  1998
* indicates another album included in this countdown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!