Thursday, March 12, 2015

My Favorite Disney Animated Films

My son Will (age 19) and I watched Fantasia on blu-ray Tuesday night and were once again reminded of what a creative tour-de-force that film remains even after so many years. I also remembered just how wonderful so many of the Disney full-length animated feature films are. It was a wonderful night. 

That was followed on Wednesday morning by the announcement that they are going to make a live action version of Dumbo with Tim Burton directing. I am working on a post for next week called 7 Things I Believe (and you probably don't!), and one of those could easily be that I believe Disney needs to cease and desist with making new versions of their classic films. As my son (the one who is studying filmmaking in college) likes to say, "There is no need to make a new version of a film when the definitive version has already been made." Or in this case, Don't mess with Walt! These animated classics (and many others) will never be topped. So please, Disney- leave them alone. Here are my animated favorites, in no particular order...


  1. The Jungle Book
  2. Lady and the Tramp
  3. The Lion King
  4. Lilo and Stitch
  5. Sleeping Beauty
  6. Aladdin
  7. Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
  8. Beauty and the Beast
  9. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  10. Fantasia
If you are disappointed not to see Frozen on my list, then you just don't know me as well as you thought you did. It MIGHT make the list if I included my top 25! Enjoy your Thursday, and watch a Disney animated classic soon. You'll be amazed at how brilliant they remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!