Sunday, January 25, 2015

Remember, Remember... All We Fight For

Lately my thoughts have been deeply immersed in the subject of friendship. There have been remembrances of good friends that are no longer in my life. There has been reminiscing about complicated relationships that have led to a drifting apart. And there have been joyous memories- more that I can count- of friends who have stuck with me through the years, no matter the circumstances and no matter my own issues. 

My message for this Sunday is not a religious one, but it is deeply spiritual to me. When you reach my age the stories you have of the people you love are among the most important things in life. Friendships are worth fighting for. They are worth the effort, the time and trouble to salvage when they appear to be on the brink. Listen to this song and soak in the lyrics. The song is called Heaven for a reason. It was the final song in the final episode of How I Met Your Mother- and that fictional group of friends knew all about fighting for friendships. Listen...and remember...



As Helen Keller once said, "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light." Set aside some time today to value your friendships, to repair those that need work and to express love to the people who have carried you when you needed them most. I am blessed to have so many dear friends. I love you all.

Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!