* On my 28th birthday, someone put a giant sign in my yard at our little house across the street from Springfield Friends Meeting inviting the world to "honk." They did...over and over again! It made for quite a celebration. It's been over 27 years. Anyone ready to confess?
* Do you remember Burger Doodle, our once a month trips from New Garden and Springfield to various fast food shacks for dinner after YFYF?
* Remember playing 4 On A Couch? Remember how the guys team never won?
* Remember mud slides and the epic Counselor vs. Staff volleyball games at Quaker Lake Camp? And does anyone besides me remember the summer of 1983 and Phi Quaka Laka?
* At some point during the FUMC-Kissimmee years a train carrying Wendy's supplies wrecked near town, and my friend Eddie (who worked for the train company) got us huge boxes of giant Wendy's cups. There were hundreds of those things...
* Do you remember the day when the Wesley Memorial UMC youth group skipped our Sunday evening Graceland meeting and went to a local sports bar for dinner?
* We had this Newsboys stand-up in the youth room at FUMC-K, and I am fairly certain I have pictures of 50 different youth in this very pose! Were you one of those youth? Obviously Catlin Esry was!
* Remember when we used to play Kick the Can in the graveyards at New Garden and Springfield? I think there are rules against such things now...
* Do you remember playing Sardines? How about Murder, the card game where if you got an "Ace" you winked at people to kill them? Both of those games go all the way back to my own high school years in youth group.
* Over the years many of our students got to eat at Kyotos, in Greensboro, Orlando or Myrtle Beach. Did you ever go? And were you there the night in Orlando the chefs honored us with our signature rice?
* Do you remember camping at the Ponderosa, staying at the Betsy B, spending a week at The Spinnaker or crashing at the Ocean Surf Club? If you do, you probably went to Myrtle Beach with me...
Because of Jesus,