Saturday, January 31, 2015

Let It Be

Last night was one of those times when without warning my head and my heart were filled with negative thoughts. I woke up around 2 am very angry with myself and the world, and I began to write an epic blog post to share with you today. It was the verbal equivalent of HULK SMASH! I vented about people, situations, relationships, dreams and my dog. I used harsh language and spared no feelings. I was particularly hard on myself. It was a brutal post. And somehow, by the grace of God, I didn't hit "publish" as soon as I finished. As fired up as I was just pausing was in and of itself miraculous. I took a breath before clicking send.

In that breath I turned on some music and my library pulled up The Beatles singing Let It Be. As I listened I calmed down and thought about the damage my words could do if I shared them with the world. I remembered that "when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me." And so today, you get this...instead of THAT. Thanks be to God! And a special shout out to John, Paul, George & Ringo as well...

Just so you know, I saved last night's bit of word vomit for future use if needed. So don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.  :)  Have a blessed Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!