Several years ago I heard a message entitled 10 Things You Must Know (if you have surrendered your soul to Jesus as Lord and Savior). From time to time the notes from that sermon still serve as a devotional guide for me whenever the world tries to convince me my life is not important. All of the points came from the scriptures (in parentheses) and were designed to remind us, just as the words of Psalm 8 do, that we are glorious creations of God. Despite our sins, our faults and our flaws, we are children of the living God- and that is something to celebrate! Because "God don't make no junk..."
So check out the scriptures and keep this list handy. Check it out anytime you feel like a loser or a failure. It's the ultimate self-esteem booster. The Creator of the universe- the all-powerful Yahweh- is also your Abba (daddy) who loves you and knows your name. How awesome is that?
1. You are handcrafted (Psalm 139:13-15)
2. You are valuable (Luke 12:6,7)
3. You are loved (John 3:16)
4. You are rescued (Romans 5:6-11)
5. You are privileged (Romans 5:1,2)
6. You are powerful (Ephesians 1:19-23)
7. You are invincible (2 Corinthians 4:7-10)
8. You are fearless (Romans 8:15,16)
9. You are unbeatable (Romans 8:31-34)
10. You are a winner (Romans 8:35-39)
May God use these ancient words in our lives when the darkness of this world closes in on us and labels us worthless.
Because of Jesus,