Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday Shout Outs!

'Tis the season to be thankful, and to help in our never-ending quest to #SaveThanksgiving we've worked on a fresh new batch of Saturday Shout Outs just for you! It is my prayer that each of you will have a week filled with family, friends, turkey, parades, football and whatever else it may be that makes this holiday a special one for you. We will be traveling up to my Mom's on Wednesday and spending Thanksgiving Day with her. We all have so much to be thankful for, and here are just a few of the blessings, prayer requests and updates that I am shouting about this week...

  • My dear friends Chuck & Tammy Foster (New Garden Friends Meeting) are in the process of moving to new home in Kernersville, NC. I would offer to drive up and help, Tammy, but you know how my trick dancing knee acts up when I do manual labor! Best wishes to you guys!
  • So many friends have been dealing with sickness and health issues lately, and I just want you all to know that I am praying for health and recovery for each of you. And for those of you who are parents of young children who have been sick and not letting you sleep, a double dose of prayers for sure!
  • I am so thankful for my dear friend Lisa Jewett (Wesley Memorial UMC). Without her my life would be much less interesting and there would be a lot fewer rainbows and unicorns in this world. :)
  • Over the past couple of weeks I have had various days when I was really into listening to music from unusual (for me!) bands like Huey Lewis and the News, My Chemical Romance & Wilson Phillips. Not sure why these particular groups have been in my head, other than just to prove that sometimes things just get weird around here. And yes- I said Wilson Phillips. Taunt me if you must!
  • To all of my friends who live up north- it looks like it is going to be a very long, cold, snowy winter for you guys. You should be thankful that you have friends in Tampa, near the beach and with an extra bedroom! Reservations are now being accepted. 
  • This week we received the current issue of The Mickey Monitor, a quarterly publication mailed to Walt Disney World annual passholders. We have received this little magazine for many years. But this week, for the first time EVER, it was addressed not to Marilyn or Will, but to William Carl Jones. Anyone else see the irony there? :)
  • I received a text from my friend Denise May Langley (Quaker Lake & various other places) this week saying that she and Beth Vestal McGalliard (New Garden) had been discussing Mexican Pile-Up. This not only brought back great memories, it made me very hungry. You ladies really need to take a road trip...
  • It's now been over 2 years since my first toe removal, and I am so thankful for the way my body has adjusted and for my current good health. Yay me!
  • And finally, here's an update on my novel. The primary writing on Even Better Than Before is finally finished. I am currently doing a read through and my own edits before I decide what happens next. This project has really been a lot of fun, no matter where it goes from here. The characters in the book are now very near and dear to my heart. And Cassandra, you might even get to read it in early 2015.
So that's it for today! Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving holiday, and try not to trample anyone on Black Friday! Love you guys!

Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!