Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Encourage Bloggers!

Want to get an head start on Comment Day? Check out the exciting compilation of posts featured yesterday as a part of the Inciting Incidents website, including my own post from yesterday!  Visit http://incitingincidents.org/stories.php to read more!

So here's the deal about my blog.  I started this thinking no one would ever read it.  I began in the hope that I could blog every day for a year. Now, over 1100 straight days of blogging later, I write to tell my stories, for my own discipline, my own peace of mind, and to praise Jesus.  It is not a money maker- there are no ads here.  All I ask of you (the reader) is to read- and perhaps leave the occasional comment...

Tomorrow has been set aside (by me) as Comment Day for my fellow bloggers!  When you read a blog this Thursday (and I hope you will read many) I want you to take the time and leave a comment for the writer.  You cannot imagine how special it is is to pour out your soul (or at least a few random thoughts) in a blog post and have someone respond to your words or add to your thoughts.  It is truly a blessing.

I love writing this blog, and it has given me more than I could have ever expected.  It has given me discipline, it has improved my prayer life, it has connected me with old friends I thought were lost and gone forever, and it has given me new friends that I count as blessings.  Many of you have left me comments since I began this adventure, and for that I am beyond grateful.  But Comment Day is not about me!  Tomorrow I am going to read at least 30 blogs and comment on each of them, and I simply ask that you join me in affirming the writers that you love to read.  

If you need help finding blogs, come back tomorrow and I will provide you with enough resources to keep you reading for a week.  If you would like me to add your blog to my reading list, just send me a link at youthguy07@aol.com  or tweet a link to @youthguy07.  

So get ready to read. Make tomorrow a special day in the lives of your favorite bloggers! Celebrate Comment Day!

Because of Jesus,

3 comments:

  1. Yay for comment day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I am excited to spend a day reading great blogs- like yours! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you kind sir. I enjoy yours as well.

      Delete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!