Thursday, July 15, 2010

CCM Thursdays: Since I Met You

"The truth it hit me like a sock in the eye, a revelation that I can't deny
Your love has overtaken every little part of me- You were what I needed!"

When dc Talk came out with Supernatural (their follow-up album to Jesus Freak and #36 on my Top 50 Countdown) back in 1998, Since I Met You immediately became my favorite track from the CD.  It seemed to me like the perfect song for a youth group video, because it could be used to address both sides of the student ministry coin.  The primary purpose of ministry with teenagers is to help them connect with Jesus.  Part of the way you do that is by helping them connect with each other.  Since I Met You could be talking about either of those things- or both.  Think about the lyrics:

"Was at the end of my rope, I had no where to go, was at the end of my rope I had nothing to show until the day that I turned to You..was at the end of my rope...
But since I met You , I feel alright, You turned all my darkness into Light
Since I met You, I feel OK, I feel alright"

For many of us involved in the youth ministry of the First United Methodist Church of Kissimmee in those years between 1994-2000, it was our friends and Youth Counselors who helped us discover what it meant to walk with the Christ.  Today I seek to honor as many of those people as I can by finally giving you the "video" I wanted to make all those years ago.  Many of you may have seen these pictures on Marilyn's Facebook, but they take on a whole new meaning when set to this music.  I hope that those of you who are reading this will pass it along to other friends who may find themselves in these pictures.   We may have all been a little crazy, and goodness knows we did lots of silly stuff along the way.  All of those events and moments contributed greatly to my walk with Jesus, and I am guessing they did for many of yours as well.  None of us are perfect, and God is still working on us all.  I have seen the "end of my rope" more than once in these past few years, and I can tell you that Jesus is always there to pull us back up.  Many of you have given me a pull as well.  The bottom line is still this- "Since I met you (everyone of YOU, and Jesus!)  I've been alright, I've been OK..."   This video is dedicated to everyone who ever "called me crazy."  You did indeed make my day- every day!  I'll see you tomorrow for Will's birthday! 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/15/2010

    Great pictures, wonderful song, amazing times! Thanks, Carl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. That was wonderful! Love seeing all these old memories!!! Thanks for everything! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/15/2010

    AMEN - great years and memories at FUMC Kissimmee, thank you Carl and THANK YOU JESUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!