Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Unfulfilled Desire

There are things in life we want that we cannot have. This we know to be true. And today, this is the desire of my heart...


And yet I know I cannot have them. I am diabetic. I do cheat from time to time- just the other night for our anniversary I had some key lime pie. But Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts (along with Slurpees) are on my Can't Touch This list. You see, when it comes to hot glazed manna from heaven, ONE would never be enough. One dozen would never be enough. They are my kryptonite, my sinful indulgence (OK- one of them. Have to keep it real here!) and completely and totally irresistible to me. They are even a "character" in the novel I am writing. And today, more that usual, I want them. I need them. This sign haunts my dreams...


I am safe from temptation today because I have no car, and they don't deliver (hmm...unique business opportunity perhaps?). But like all desires of our hearts, the longing never goes away. So keep checking on me. If you find me in sugar coma someday, you will know why. HOT. DOUGHNUTS. NOW. Confession is good for the soul. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!