Saturday, April 5, 2014

Chaotic Faith

There are "moments" in the lives of most Christ-followers - wild, chaotic, completely out of our hands moments- when faith ceases to be something we have and becomes something we DO. Our believing becomes more intense, our praising becomes more passionate, our seeking becomes more fervent and our loving reaches a much deeper level. Our faith stops being stagnant and becomes a living, breathing organism. It goes from noun to verb. In such "moments" I often find myself remembering scriptures that touch me or the words of songs that move me. And this past week, in the midst of total chaos and incredible blessings, one song has been on my heart as my head hit the pillow each night. It's a song I never really appreciated back in the days when it was part of the worship services I attended each week, because it became a bland ritual to me, devoid of any true meaning. But now...it just screams to be sung in my life everyday- with feeling and 4 part harmony! You my know it...


It is my prayer today- for myself and for all of you- that our faith will be a little more chaotic and alive each day, and that we will never, ever forget the source of our blessings. Have a blessed weekend!

Because of Jesus,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading,and thanks for your comment!